- Total Members: 35
- Total Posts: 716
- Total Topics: 120
- Total Categories: 3
- Total Boards: 21
- Most Online: 37
17 Jun 2013, 10:45:05 by Outrack
Views: 35 | Comments: 2
This may not seem like a large update, but it took a while to fix the issue with embedding images directly from the gallery - I had to manually compare lines in the database to find the cause.Things Fixed:
Still to do:
- Fixed the placement of the username when logged in.
- Fixed the height of the "login" button when logged out. It's slightly out by just 1px on Firefox, but looks better otherwise.
- Changed colors on the message index to greyscale. This is one of those things most users wouldn't pick up on, but the previous slight blue tint looked bad against RAWR's purple scheme so it should match up better now (at least, it will when I upload the RAWR revisions).
- Fixed JPEG avatars! You shouldn't have any more problems uploading them.
- Changed the font color and type on the Calendar and Gallery. Not perfect as it's still processing unnatural bold in some places, but it's good enough.
- Amended the look of the post buttons (post, preview, save draft) so that they reflect the rest of the layout.
- Added custom icons on the forum index. Not too wild about them, but they at least break away from the default ones for now.
- Images uploaded to the gallery no longer automatically resize if >1024px. This is an embarrassing oversight - I've set it to only resize if images are larger than 3000px now so please re-upload any images/screenshots that didn't maintain their correct size.
- Made the colors in the logo stand out more, also removed beta as we're pretty much done with updates now (just one last one planned).
- Update changes to the RAWR section. This isn't that hard to do, though I'd like to update the landing page to make it look better at the same time.
- Add Karma back in. Still thinking of a good place to put the buttons...
- Forgot to add the Facebook/Twitter buttons to cathead bar in posts again. Oops.
- Add in some default avatars, get rid of the base SMF ones.
- New icon for the spoiler tag in the text editor? Current one looks like it's supposed to launch a nuke...
- Icons for user ranks so that people can differentiate between members that post a lot and forum staff.
To see the updates, empty your cache or stab ctrl+F5 until the "beta" disappears from the site logo. Let me know if you see anything that needs updating!
31 May 2013, 18:25:12 by Outrack
Views: 63 | Comments: 3
Contrary to popular belief, I have actually been working! Here's a list of things I've fixed over the last couple of days.Things Fixed:
Still to do:
- Search field no longer jumps when the mouse hovers over it, and you no longer need to manually remove the text when typing. The height also now matches up in all browsers.
- The highlight on the menu remains persistent when scrolling through items now.
- Dropped the text by a few pixels for better alignment. It's still slightly off, but not as notable now.
- Fixed the appearance of bold text in Firefox, should look much better now.
- Got rid of the space at the bottom of the portal.
- Increased the number of messages on the portal from 5 to 10, also including posts made in the RAWR section.
- Added a minimum height to make sure the copyright bar is always at the bottom.
- Signatures always display at the very bottom of posts, instead of half-way up when only one or two lines are posted.
- PM counter now shows the total number of unread messages, not the general total. Still working on displaying undead messages, hard to find a way without letting them out of the barn.
- Lightened the font color and sent the "Last Edited" text to the right of messages to make it less intrusive.
- Updated the appearance of PM's so they look like the messages everywhere else on the forum. Sadly can't find a way to turn "view one at a time" on by default, so I'll post instructions on it later on.
- Added the updates to the board index to child elements, so the RAWR section now matches everything else. Speaking of which...
- Individual skin for the RAWR Guild. Wanted to set up something that gives it a sense of individuality while still being tied to the main site; still needs work, but I think it's getting there.
- Restructured the "poster" field to the left of all PM's to make it less cluttered. I'm running a conditional that will display either custom text, forum title or user group instead of all three, in that order of precedence - will make custom titles something that will only unlock after a number of posts so you'll have to earn it. Cut out the website/email/profile icons as you can just click on the user's name to get to those options.
- New user rank icons - there's only 10 and they just go up to 250 posts, though you'll get a new rank every 25 posts so you have short-term goals to work with. This is only semi-complete as I need to get something done for the staff to differentiate them from regular users; I'll look into adding some kind of separate colored bar and have them also climb through the ranks to awesomeness.
List of known bugs:
- The height of the Login button is too tall in Firefox.
- Still need to revise the colors of block elements in the forum's board and message indexes.
- Add Karma back in. Not as easy as flipping a switch as I need to get the buttons in somewhere that doesn't break the overall appearance of the site, still thinking of a good place for them.
- Need to add the Facebook/Twitter buttons to cathead bar in posts, though it's kind of low-priority as I don't think people would actively use them. But you never know...
- Change the z-index of the drop-down menu at the top; it sometimes goes behind div elements.
- We need better icons for the main page and child forums.
- Confirmed that JPG avatars aren't uploading properly for some reason. If you're having trouble, please try re-uploading them in either PNG or GIF format, or just drop me a PM and I'll set your image for you manually.
- Quick-editor's still not working. Sorry!
15 May 2013, 21:16:22 by Outrack
Views: 259 | Comments: 17
I'd like to type something more welcoming, but my hands are bloody cold and it's just gone past 3am so I'll leave it for the morning (when I'll start posting around everywhere telling everyone about the relaunch).
Hope everyone likes the new design! While not perfect, I'm proud of how it came out as I've had something like this in mind for years and thought it was impossible to do under SMF.Things to do:
List of known bugs: NOTE - the items marked as fixed here are only things I've sorted on my local copy of the site; just using this to keep track of everything and will update w/ fixes once I've got most of them clear.
- Add neko smileys.
- Add RAWR section/s.
- Add custom BBCode for video embeds, floats...
- The user section in the thread display needs work - better icons, styling, etc
- Need better styling for quotes.
Firefox shows the search bar two pixels lower than it should be, and the "Read your messages" text falls to two lines instead of just one. Fixed: the line-height property was the culprit. Search bar appears 2px larger in Firefox, bleeding over the menu bar. Fixed by adjusting the height - strangely made it smaller in FF while retaining the desired size in Chrome/IE.
- Icons in the top bar don't retain their highlight when browsing over the items in the drop-down menu.
Bold text looks horrible. I'm not sure if it's something I've done or if it's on Google Font's side, but I'll transfer all font files to a local source and hope that fixes it. Fixed: set OpenSans Semibold as the default font for the strong and b tags. Not sure if Semibold is as good as regular Bold, but it's easy enough switching between the two. Font in WYSIWYG editor is set to Verdana instead of Open Sans. No easy fix, going to just disable the damn thing.
- Don't like all the colors in the body, specifically on the forum's landing and message index. It's kind of minor, but still worth looking into.
There's a ~10px white space at the bottom of the page on the portal, under the copyright/social icons bar. EDIT: Being caused my the Portal Copyright - weird as it isn't on my local copy. Maybe it'll go when I re-upload everything... Fixed. Bottom bar doesn't always appear at the end of the page when there isn't enough stuff to space out the screen. Fixed using the min-height property.
- Kero and Kurie reported that they can't upload avatars - I had no problem and Lexy didn't seem to either, so I have no bloody idea what's causing it.
Please let me know if any of you have the same thing happening! Found out that it was happening with JPG images, looking into it. In the meantime, please convert all avatars to either GIF or PNG if you have problems uploading. WYSIWYG editor is still embedding double lines. Disabled the editor for now, was told the issue might be fixed in 2.1, Hope I don't have to reskin the whole bloody thing again...
- Broke the quick editor. Totally my fault, but regular Modify still works so I see this as non-essential.
- User Info block on the portal shows a scrollbar - possible easy fix if I adjust the width/height.
The Calendar was disabled as it pushes items to a new level in the navbar; can be fixed by increasing the width. Fixed: Calendar is back.
If you see anything I haven't noted here, please let me know!