Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

~Union Dungeon Guide/Organization~  (Read 1472 times)

Posted on 19 Jun 2013, 12:49:45
raela

~Union Dungeon Guide/Organization~

The Union system, put in recently, it a way to add activities for level 50s to do in-between RHDing, raiding, colo, and whatever else suits them. There are six unions in total, each of which offers a specific costume, headgear, and various useful items. To earn these prizes, people are required to gather up points by doing union quests! The easier quests are low reward and can be done fairly often (and solo), but the more difficult and higher rewarding quests often require hard dungeon runs.

For specific information on each union, please see Gravity's write-up: http://www.playragnarok2.com/news/article/60

So which union do you choose? There are a few ways to go about it. For the more practical people, you can decide based on the items offered - perhaps there's a consumable you'd love to grab, or you're looking for a full crafted gear set and don't want to buy/run hundreds of RHDs to get the materials. On the other hand, the costumes available are permanent, so others might be motivated to join a union based on the look they want for their character.

However, no matter which union you join, the hard dungeon quests present a challenge. It's possible to just keep running RHDs until you luckily end up in the dungeon you need, but that would take much longer than purposefully going to the dungeon. However, random parties can be difficult to find (and chaotic), so hopefully we can get groups together to help eachother out! In order to assist with this goal, I have compiled a list of which unions need which dungeons, and I will try to find out from everyone which union they've decided to join. If I have gotten your union wrong (or you changed it), please let me know!

To get around to the dungeons, ideally we could use alts to transport one person to the dungeon to be able to open it for the others. My sorcerer is now saved in Prontera (for union turn-in purposes), so if anyone needs a hop there, let me know and I can transport you! Going off of the list below, ideally groups would consist of Prontera Knightage+Magic Academy, Odin Orthodoxy+Alberta Merchant Alliance, and Darkness Shadow+Hunter. However, seeing as bosses need tank+healer+dps, and personal relationships will make some people wanting to group with others, this won't always be the case.. but maybe we can work out regular groups for every other day dungeon stings. :D

ZOMG BLUE UPDATE!!! Now that we're getting pretty geared, it's become apparent that many bosses aren't as scary as they seem. Lein and I have been regularly doing our unions together, sometimes with extra people to help, but not always. Jeiwatch, Venomer, and Kiel-MKII are possible to do solo (maybe more!), and Kiel-MKIII actually isn't that bad with two! DPS + healer seems to be able to conquer these bosses, once geared in epics.

The worst part is probably running to these bosses. For ones deep in, having a colo geared buddy to run ahead can help. I managed to make a clean run from the beginning of Sandarman to Kiel on my T1 N geared sorc by VIP + popping a wind potion (you run too fast for most things to hit you) and maybe 1 master red potion).

Prontera Knightage
Wild Male and Female Rackufs (Wolf Cave) - 24h
Prophet of Doom (Fortress of Sandarman) - 48h
ZellKFF
Eurosius

Odin Orthodoxy
Evil Phantom Fire (Secret Forest Tomb) - 48h
Edith Schwiez (Cursed Ghost Ship) - 48h

Darkness Shadow
Jeriwatch (Sandstorm Fortress) - 24h
Venomer (Hell of Deadly Poison) - 48h
raela
Seitori
Leinzan

Hunter
Obeaunes (Temple of the Sea God) - 24h
Ungoliant (Hell of Deadly Poison) - 48h
ViviKFF
RinnyKFF

Magic Academy
Kiel MK-II (Abandoned Laboratory) - 48h
Kiel MK-III (Fortress of Sandarman) - 48h
naenia
Healeos

Alberta Merchant Alliance
Drake (Cursed Ghost Ship) - 48h
Lexy
MrForge
Pants
Mirilene

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added to this post!
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2013, 12:15:56 by raela
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 19 Jun 2013, 14:02:33
Lein
if Im online Im up for any hunt O___o!!!

no matter if its for my quest or not XD!!
sadly without the VIP thingy my HP dropped back to 4.1k so I dont think I'll be of great help atm.
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 19 Jun 2013, 14:11:07
raela
4.1k is totally fine for hard dungeons though. :P You'll just have to come along for some RHD runs sometime. :D

Posted on 19 Jun 2013, 14:43:33
Lein
oh well, my highest critical hit has been of 6.3k with moonlight dance during hidding and with mark of death on boss...

at the very least, I could single blow kill myself.
Nick -> Lein
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!

Posted on 20 Jun 2013, 13:52:43
ZellKFF
What is a sorceror?

(I'm up for RHD and helping out with unions whenever I am online and not busy, but only if I get pulled into a dungeon :sparkle: unless I'm less than 2 maps away of course)

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 20 Jun 2013, 18:36:54
Eurosius
I'm in the Prontera Knightage, and I'm always up for doing hard dungeons for gear (I still need shoes, dammit! Also, I like elu, ori, and running dungeons with friends).

Posted on 09 Jul 2013, 14:29:16
Allucinari
Mirilene is in the Alberta Merchant Alliance.

Also I need all the gears so if you want a slightly less retarded than normal wizard, I will help you with whatever it is you need to do.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 30 Jul 2013, 23:30:22
Seneki
I'm in Magic Academy.

Posted on 05 Aug 2013, 12:14:55
raela
I have been woefully negligent with my baby. :cry: I added a fancy little blue text and some people there, though uh.. if you told me your union and I forgot to add you, let me know and I'll try to be better at updating. :sweat2:

AS A COMPANION TO BLUE TEXT: The buddy system seems to work out EXTREMELY well for unions (well, if you or your buddy is on top of it as much as Lein is). I recommend trying to set something up with a priest/sorc that plays similar hours to you. I think doing Darkness Shadow + Magic Academy is 10-20 minutes or so.. so even different unions work. If you need help figuring out how to do a boss, let me know! Maybe I can help! Also, if you play at a similar time and are in our unions, I'm sure Lein wouldn't mind an additional person tagging along (I know I don't).

Posted on 05 Aug 2013, 13:09:15
Lein
The more the merrier!! >=D!!
We can do most unions without any big trouble actually, the one that has proved being the only trouble is Drake and Edith from Merchant's and Odin's unions.

Since Rae and I are on Darkness Shadow and Magic Academy we can help out on both Hunter's and Knight's union, saddly they are very little compatible with Odin's and Merchant's. However I'll glady give a hand to those who needs help and I have the time to spare XP.
Nick -> Lein
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 08:17:47
MrKillShy
I am in the Knightage on Ehire, and like to help anyway so if I'm on I'll help with most anything.

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 11:08:53
raela
Well, with the Union box event, I pretty much have no need to do unions ever for my characters.. maybe in the future? :( HOWEVER, for those newer players, Unions are perhaps still relevant/are at least something to do when not raiding etc. I'm totally up for helping people as needed~

Posted on 29 Oct 2013, 11:11:41
Snorkel
I picked the hunter union   :smile:

Posted on 29 Oct 2013, 17:40:25
Allucinari
Hi I was incredibly lazy during the union event unlike all our other 50s and therefore theoretically still ~need~ union runs (except Alberta, but I might go back even though I have the costume because free money, what up~).  I thiiink I had Mirilene in Darkness Shadow last time I looked, but I am quite willing to run whatever and switch to whatever if I can get a dedicated union buddy.

ALSO hopefully I'll hit 50 on Allucinari soon and she will also need unions (she has 52 unopened boxes and the majority points will determine her union).
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 30 Oct 2013, 14:04:47
Lein
Allu, Im up to help whenever,
My Sin also needs some unions, but I've yet to decide which, I think it'll be merchants, so it'll be quite the rough path.
Are you willing to be my Union buddy >=D?!
Nick -> Lein
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013