Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn  (Read 3772 times)

Posted on 21 Aug 2013, 22:45:09
Sheepy
Yeah most of us are on Moogle :(

Posted on 22 Aug 2013, 00:02:04
Tai
its all good , i had to go with the flow of the rest of the community so didnt have much choice on choosing  server lol

Posted on 22 Aug 2013, 00:07:45
Sheepy
Well I know all about that. I'm an Australian on  a european server haha

Posted on 22 Aug 2013, 00:42:22
Tai
most of the people that are joining the link-shell at launch  iv known/played with for almost 2 years , there aslo bringing in some rl friends as well as new players who have become interested in the link-shell its self , my orig idea was to just be a regular player but i was convinced otherwise lol .

Posted on 28 Aug 2013, 04:09:13
Sheepy
Sheepy was awarded 1 point/s for this post
Yoshi-P's launch speech was incredibly touching and I like to think that the teams passion and tears really does go into the game.

Posted on 02 Sep 2013, 23:55:32
Carlos
I really like the game but it never let's me login so that's such a turn off right now. I haven't been able to get on since head start ._.

Posted on 03 Sep 2013, 05:44:49
Taralis
Do you get the new version if you bought the original? I don't feel like paying $50 after I was let down the first time around and I bought the collectors edition.
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 03 Sep 2013, 08:06:30
Outrack
I really like the game but it never let's me login so that's such a turn off right now. I haven't been able to get on since head start ._.

The demand for the game greatly exceeded Square's expectations and all servers are under massive strain right now, they even halted sales of the digital version of the game and extended the free trial to compensate for it. There's a huge server upgrade planned for tomorrow that will hopefully fix everything - I haven't been able to log in easily for two days straight so I'm also getting very frustrated.

Do you get the new version if you bought the original? I don't feel like paying $50 after I was let down the first time around and I bought the collectors edition.

You do! If you bought the original version of FFXIV you're considered a "Legacy" player and get all kinds of preferential treatment, including a free copy of ARR and a lower monthly subscription ($10 instead of $15). Are you thinking about starting up again?

On the subject, we never established an "officlal" server for everyone here to play on. Sheepy, Skyloto and I are all playing on the Moogle EU server though we'll be getting the ability to transfer within a few weeks so we can arrange to meet somewhere. For everyone currently playing (Tai, Carlos, Taralis?) - where are you currently based?

Posted on 07 Sep 2013, 14:04:51
Taralis
Taralis was awarded 1 point/s for this post
So before I say anything about the game... ISN'T MY MINION JUST THE CUTEST THING EVER???

Now so far I am enjoying the game. Can't wait until we can get together. Just wanted to mention one aspect of the game that I think is a great idea is the FATE "Full Active Time Event" system. FATES will pop up in areas of the map with an objective like one I was just in is monkeys aka Opo-opos invade this small village to steal bags of beans. Anyone in that area can partake in the event to get rewards and exp if the objective is complete. And so that no one that is overleveled can ruin it for lower level players they can not partake in the event unless they pick level sync in which there level is lowered temp. to match those it was intended for. It Is also a really good way for random people to team up so it won't be so boring when you are solo leveling.

Also here are 14 reasons (actually 11 but... just watch) to play:
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 14 Apr 2014, 09:06:10
Outrack

Posted on 14 Apr 2014, 23:22:53
Allucinari
This makes my life worth living.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 16 Apr 2014, 23:53:01
Outrack
So, FFXIV has passed the 2 million user mark with 500k users logging into the game every day. Great news that I think is fully deserved, I haven't logged in since December but I've been keeping tabs on updates and it seems like they're still putting a huge amount of effort into making it the best game they can.

You can read more about the milestone here - not sure if anyone's still interested, but I'll probably revamp the main thread as I try to get back into the game.

Posted on 22 Apr 2014, 12:37:42
Kichijoten
Well I gave in, made a character (Pugilist  :smile: ) on the EU Cerberus server (as a lot of others are just full)

Beware my chibiness:

(click to show/hide)

Ign's Etoile Sama...Can't help it, Strawberry Panic related  ::>:

retired from RO2 - Playing FF XIV!

Posted on 22 Apr 2014, 21:45:42
Outrack
Squishy DPS ::>:

How are you liking the game so far? I reactivated my sub and just started up again, though I'm still on the Cactuar server. I'll gather all info on the updates and post them here later on this week for anyone interested!

Posted on 04 May 2014, 03:12:57
Sythra
How are u guys liking the game so far, or did u even quit the game?
First time i've seen it at gamescom last year and me and my friends were like "OMG we have to play it!" but after we've tested the beta the expectations were just ... :(
I've played the korean version of blade & soul for about 6 months and i'm in love with the combat system. ( for those who don't know the game .. google it :D ) and when i was playing the beta of FF i felt like falling asleep while fighting :O
it's obviously a game for more casual oriented gamers but why did they make the combat system thaaaat slow ?

would rly love to read some of ur oppinions  :stronglove:

~Sythra

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013