Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn  (Read 3498 times)

Posted on 04 May 2014, 11:50:15
Kichijoten
Kichijoten was awarded 1 point/s for this post
My personal opinion, it's an easy game to get into. I transferred to conjurer recently, now level 22. I got into the Moogle server, ign is Tsubomi Kido (huehue Mekaku City Actors all day every day)

I like the storylines...the fact that I still can't ride a chocobo since I haven't done the quest yet bothers me a little, but I'm just mainly running around, healing random people xD I'm not in a Free Company yet as I get spammed with invites but nothing I like so far.
Instances are nice, especially with a good tank and a nice healer  ::>: Have done 3 so far, all good parties. I haven't picked up a profession (or what you call it) yet, but they seem fun too.
Levelling up is easy enough with the Levemetes, spawning Fates and ellaborate questlines.

It's a good game for me as I can pick it up when I want, leave it for a bit and then pick it up again. xD

retired from RO2 - Playing FF XIV!

Posted on 04 May 2014, 11:55:52
Scribble92
I've been debating playing FFX!V but im still not sure yet
Scribble92- beastmaster extraordinaire

Posted on 06 May 2014, 09:06:53
Outrack
Let me know if you pick it up Scrib, I'll create a new tank on Moogle and join both you and Kichi for a bit  :smile:

I'm updating the main page right now and will be adding in patch updates soon, but I just wanted to leave this here meanwhile - it does a great job of showing how varied the environments in the game are.

Posted on 06 May 2014, 09:59:28
Sythra
great video !  :stronglove:

Posted on 12 May 2014, 09:23:19
Outrack
Square Enix notes $65M in net income for this fiscal year
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/12/5709080/square-enix-fiscal-results-2014

Square Enix confirmed net income of 6.5 billion yen (roughly $65 million) for this year's fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, according to the company's latest financial report.

The company reports net sales of 155,023 million yen, an increase of 4.8 percent from last year's total sales, in addition to a 10,543 million yen operating income compared to last year's 6,081 million yen operating loss.

Its digital entertainment sector, which includes the massively multiplayer game Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn saw net sales of 94,571 million yen, an increase of 5.7 percent compared to the same period last year.

Likewise, titles including Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster, Thief and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition saw "Favourable sales," while Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn saw "favourable progress."

Square Enix adjusted its projected financial results for the year ending March 31, 2014 last week, with net sales and operating income expected to exceed its original forecast due to strong sales of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn.

Square Enix reported a turnaround in February after a disastrous 2013 fiscal year and was producing positive results in the first three quarters of the company's 2014 fiscal year.

Earlier this month, Square Enix announced last month the total number of registered users for the reboot of 2010 MMO Final Fantasy 14 had exceeded 2 million worldwide. The game rolled out to PlayStation 3 and Windows PC last fall, followed by a PlayStation 4 release last month.

Posted on 15 May 2014, 12:33:34
Outrack
Someone discovered a glitch with the baby Opopo, which has become the greatest bug ever as demonstrated by this video :sparkle:

Last Edit: 20 May 2014, 09:04:03 by Outrack

Posted on 26 May 2014, 22:21:57
Scribble92
Scribble92 was awarded 1 point/s for this post
Well i found a nice little alehouse

But i think i drank too much. Even my chocobo can't look at me  :wut:
Scribble92- beastmaster extraordinaire

Posted on 27 May 2014, 14:04:19
Kichijoten
Haha Scrib that would be you alright ^^

retired from RO2 - Playing FF XIV!

Posted on 31 May 2014, 03:53:07
Taralis
I really have the urge to start playing this again, I miss my Bard... I just have so many other games I am trying to play and my roommate is about to buy Watchdogs and I have been trying to catch up on a lot of TV, I mean I watched all of season 2 of Grimm in one day (I know I have a problem)... GOD I WISH THERE WERE MORE HOURS IN A DAY!  :cry: :cry: :cry:
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 31 May 2014, 10:16:09
Outrack
My experiences with the game this time around are exactly what I wanted from the first time - we've got five people from Ashtear/RAWR playing now and have joined a 250-member FC that shares our general outlook. I'm really glad I started again.

Problem is that we've moved to the Moogle server as I didn't think anyone on Cactuar would return. I've been wondering how to handle a US/EU split if we got more people in, but we simply don't have enough US players right now to justify the effort in re-establishing ourselves - if you want to get back in, would you be willing to join us on Moogle? If so we can help you regain your levels quickly :smile:

Posted on 01 Jun 2014, 14:01:42
Lein
Well, I've been getting more and more interested in trying out this game... altho I think I'll place that on hold for 2 weeks for now.

I dont really mind which server I end up trying tho xD
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 04 Jun 2014, 04:51:05
Taralis
I honestly wouldn't mind which server seeing how it really didn't take me that long to get where my bard is now. But I still don't think I have enough time to justify paying for it monthly. Maybe I will rethink it again after I get back from my trip home to Michigan at the end of the month.
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 18 Jun 2014, 18:41:12
Faintning
Crazy fisher girl

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Funny things happen when you lag  :confused:

(click to show/hide)
BRD118, WAR113, PLD111, WHM111, SCH110

EXP:
coils 10/13
EX 7/7

Posted on 31 Aug 2014, 04:15:46
KhonArtist
KhonArtist was awarded 1 point/s for this post
To quote Racky,

"While you'll need a top-range PC to get the most out of it, XIV's very well optimised and has a wealth of options available for you to tweak the game to best suit your rig's capabilities. If you're interested but think you may not be able to run it well, there's an awesome benchmark tool you can use to gauge your performance ahead of the game's release - you can grab it here and even get a total score to brag about how well it runs. Try to beat my 6093!"

Do I get something for my 8789 score? <3 xD

Posted on 06 Sep 2014, 09:14:15
Outrack
Moving this thread over to the FFXIV guild section for archival purposes, and for general information in case anyone would like to refer to it for whatever reason.

Also, will now need to upgrade my PC to beat Khon's score  :mischievous:

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013