Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Share pictures of your food!  (Read 3565 times)

Posted on 23 Jul 2013, 10:07:17
Kurie
We all know I love food. I love cooking and secretly wish I'd gone to culinary school instead and regret not going every single day, and I also like annoying Allu by sharing photos of my food ALL THE TIME (I'm that person on Instagram). ::>:

I thought it might be fun to see what everyone else cooks and eats. So post photos of food that you've made, or purchased, or had someone make for you, etc.

Last night I made stuffed eggplant (aubergine) with beef, onions, tomatoes, garlic and secret herbs and spices. :lol: I've made a few different variations of this before. I could only eat half of this.

Posted on 25 Jul 2013, 19:59:00
Lexy
As promised, here are my salad rolls that I made today. They're not as ~*tightly wrapped*~ as in restaurants, but it's my first time :<

There's lettuce, rice vermicelli, cucumber, green onion, and shrimp (in some, I ran out halfway lol) wrapped in rice paper doohickey. I also made a sauce for this but no pictures because it literally looks like turd in turd water. Technically you're supposed to use ~peanut sauce~ for salad rolls, but I was too lazy (cheap) to get any, so I just made it myself. You're supposed to use chunky peanut butter and hoisin sauce, but I have neither, so I used smooth peanut butter, fish sauce, sugar, white vinegar, and a bit of soy sauce. The peanut butter won't mix with the other wet ingredients, so .. turd in turd water. Sauce tastes good though ;_;

Also while I'm at it, here's some shit that I baked

These are lemon (maybe?) cupcakes with buttercream frosting. I just really wanted to try making petals with a knife!spatula and it shows up a little bit but it mostly just looks like green piles of poo.

Christmas tree cupcakes for (surprise!) Christmas. It's a chocolate cupcake with regular cream cheese frosting. White on top of the cupcake to simulate ~snow~, and with green food colouring on a sugar cone for the tree. If you really want to get technical I used a 2D frosting tip and didn't mix the green frosting 100%, resulting in different shades of green when piped onto the cone and thus making it look more realistic. The recipe I used also asked for powdered sugar but I forgot it because I'm a noob. Those dumb sugar balls and silver flakes weren't required so I think I'll be making them without it next year.

I make a lot of asian food and cupcake/muffins.
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 25 Jul 2013, 20:26:04
ZellKFF
Looking good Lexy :sparkle:

I enjoy cooking a lot so i'll go dig my food pictures later, meanwhile this is my sister's website (she is a pastry chef  :lol:)

http://lespatisseriesdauriane.com/

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 25 Jul 2013, 21:57:44
Kurie
I make peanut sauces all the time, Lexy. Use a food processor or blender and it will mix together nicely. :>

Posted on 25 Jul 2013, 22:34:11
Allucinari
Hi my name is Alison sometimes I bake a thing.  Sometimes I bother to get the camera out and photograph a thing.

Tiny pies!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes

My one presentable macaron fuck macarons

Chocolate Cupcake with Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Blueberry Muffins

Christmas Cookies (some work may be Kurie's, we split duties)

Breads!

Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Blueberries

I will try to photograph some more foods for you as I make them.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 29 Jul 2013, 08:43:04
Kurie
Allu, I need you to photograph my foods with your fancy camera for me. My phone camera doesn't do it justice.

Coffee cake muffins! They smelled great while baking, and taste better than they look. Should have taken a picture of the inside because that's where the magic happens.

Baking friends, what can I do to get that nice raised rounded top on my muffins( ::>: )? They flattened out a lot.

Posted on 30 Jul 2013, 12:10:17
raela
I feel left out. I want to be an awesome girl that shares pictures of delicious food I have managed to make!!! (these are pretty much all from undergrad days)

At the end of one of my undergrad years, I needed to use up the rest of what I had lying around the apartment. Just about the only thing I could come up with were the oh-so-delicious mushroom pancakes (make with pancake mix..)

I was even brave enough once to attempt to recreate Thanksgiving dinner once in December, because I was bitter that I missed out on leftovers~

And I'm sure no one can forget the glorious tale of the time I lost all faith in microwaves and caught a baked potato on fire. :(

Of course, cooking isn't all I can do! I even have tried my hand at baking a cake from scratch.

A little overcooked you say? That's okay.. frosting makes everything better.

...okay yes I fail at this cooking/baking thing. But um.. I made a single cute horse cookie.. once. ;_;

..I'm gonna go cry in a corner now. :(
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 04 Aug 2013, 21:45:10
raela
WHAT'S THIS? RAELA COOKING SOMETHING THAT DIDN'T INVOLVE QUESTIONABLE INGREDIENTS/HORRIBLE FIRE?!

Here I am, so organized in laying out things I need. So organized, I forgot to grab a can of tomatoes (whoops).

Look! everything made it in without horrible accidents!

And then I burned the onions while cutting potato. :( They're completely black on the bottom.

Minor mishap.. right? Since it's in a slow cooker, have to wait overnight.. I will have some for lunch and see how it goes.

Posted on 04 Aug 2013, 21:58:35
Allucinari
Meanwhile..

ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 07 Aug 2013, 04:08:28
magnumopera
OMG ppls who cook!

Haha I don't have too many pics since I don't just photograph everything I eat/cook but I do have a few here and there

This is some fried polenta over pasta with a home made alfredo sauce and a mix of sauteed mushrooms, red peppers, eggplant and shallots with some fresh diced tomatos... bit weird but I was feeling adventerous that day haha

Lemon pepper steak strip carved over a louisiana style dirty rice

Naan/Curry Pizza with zucchini, tomato and onion, and lots of fresh herbs over the top

Pork Fried Rice with shrimp fried rolls

Cheesecake, or at least half of one... I did this one with strawberries and the other half I did with pineapple around the edge and a mango puree over the top for my gf's birthday 2 years ago

Last Valentines, cheesecake again... not sure why I only have pictures of 2 cheesecakes out of all the things I've made for desserts haha

anyways, thought I'd share because I can! ... also it's super boring, no one's talking in mIRC ~_~

Posted on 08 Aug 2013, 22:13:43
raela
LOOK LOOK I MADE A PASTA SALAD AND DIDN'T BURN ANYTHING!

Posted on 12 Aug 2013, 08:42:50
Kurie
I made cheese buns. ::>:

I made them too big and so they took too long to bake and came out underdone inside but throwing the rest back in the oven fixed that.
Not pictured are my adorable lemon-blackberry cupcakes I made for Allu and Cutter on Friday.

Posted on 19 Aug 2013, 01:11:16
magnumopera
magnumopera was awarded 1 point/s for this post
well here's my first attempt at making spring rolls and peanut sauce...

came out pretty good, although there's always room for improvement!

Posted on 19 Aug 2013, 23:32:27
Lexy
Lexy was awarded 1 point/s for this post
Made a cake just because

I got lazy with the roses on the side.

butts
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 20 Aug 2013, 13:55:16
Lein
I don't like this post! it makes me hungry!!!

btw, nice cake Lexy!! what a bunch of detail to do roses and all XD! so pro!!
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013