Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Mumble Server  (Read 640 times)

Posted on 23 Aug 2013, 15:24:30
Outrack
I posted notification of this several months ago in our FB group, but it seems to have gone largely unnoticed despite being seen by over 20 people...

Vasi has graciously donated a Mumble server for us to use for raids and all other voice-oriented communication, which you can connect to at ashtear.mumble.com (port 8844). Mumble is often considered the definitive voice-chat software for gaming as it boasts lower latency than its competitors, auto-normalization/volume attenuation and noise cancellation, positional audio, and a whole range of customizable options and skins,

For more information, click here for a quick run-down on Mumble's features! You can also see a direct comparison of what Mumble offers compared to Ventrillo and Skype by clicking here.

I know that most of you have already downloaded Raidcall but I feel that Mumble has a clear edge over it and other services, and the move would be well worth the effort. You can grab the Mumble Client off the site's main page - let us know how you enjoy using it and feel free to share any skins/designs you find :sparkle:

EDIT: I wasn't aware we were raiding within a few hours from this message - to avoid confusion, please stick with Raidcall today and switch to Mumble from tomorrow!
Last Edit: 23 Aug 2013, 17:17:50 by Outrack

Posted on 23 Aug 2013, 17:25:51
raela
Yeah um I heard about this when it first came out, then forgot the address and no one used it then we went on raidcall... D:

ANYWAY since it was paid for so we should do something uh.. how about tomorrow (Saturday) night we try to hang out and test out mumble? I've never used it, but, could be fun to mess around or try to do some unions or nab helping or something.
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 24 Aug 2013, 00:52:48
Allucinari
Still no mic. BUT I WILL MAKE A LIMITED TIME APPEARANCE ONCE MY MICROPHONE ARRIVES.

In which I will probably insult your manhood and be generally cruel. You'll like it though.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 24 Aug 2013, 11:57:31
Lein
Still no mic. BUT I WILL MAKE A LIMITED TIME APPEARANCE ONCE MY MICROPHONE ARRIVES.

In which I will probably insult your manhood and be generally cruel. You'll like it though.
okaaaaay?
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 24 Aug 2013, 16:50:00
raela
Promised all of these features.. then it turns out the voice normalization doesn't work magically as promised and I can't up individual volume. :( Anyway, I've begun my mumble hangout, so please stop in so we can try this out.
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013