Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

What are you reading right now?  (Read 3633 times)

Posted on 17 May 2013, 18:14:08
Kurie

The brick... The unabridged Les Misérables by Victor Hugo.

And for days that I'm desiring some lighter reading....

A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy, which I'm indifferent to so far, but just started.

Posted on 17 May 2013, 19:46:12
Allucinari

Working through Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash, but I keep leaving it at work (oops).
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 18 May 2013, 13:35:46
Eurosius
I'm in the middle of the Ender's Game series. I just finished Speaker for the Dead, and I'm just about to start Xenocide. I'm also finishing up The Omnivore's Dilemma. Finally, I'm going back through A Storm of Swords (part of the Song of Ice and Fire series) because it allows me to better enjoy the Game of Thrones TV series on HBO.

Posted on 19 May 2013, 17:16:07
Spud
I'm currently reading several comic book series', with the most recent being the 2013 Marvel Now! Deadpool volume after I finished the 2008 Deadpool volume. I've also been keeping up with several of the DC New 52 relaunch from 2011.

Posted on 20 May 2013, 08:38:12
ZellKFF
I'm currently reading (for work) a policy document about climate change and how it will affect our future. It hasn't been published yet because it is still a draft but when it does, it will HOPEFULLY trigger some alarms. Without going over the top, I can definitely say that the future is extremely grim if we do not change certain habits :/

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 22 May 2013, 08:08:00
Butters
I just finished recently reading the last book in the Wheel of Time series and am trying to start reading Game of Thrones because I love the show so much but it's so hard to get into another book now since I've been reading Wheel of Time since 4th grade and the characters and story line feel so much apart of me.

Posted on 23 May 2013, 08:47:15
Eurosius
Zell, this is a discussion for a different thread, but based on what I've seen (datawise), and the general reaction to climate change (which is getting better), I'm convinced that we're already screwed. I'm not saying that we shouldn't do anything about it - I think that we should try as hard as possible to reverse what we've done - but I think that battle may already have been decided due to our previous foolish lack of thought as to how we affect the environment.

Edit: Oh, and I started Xenocide yesterday.

Posted on 28 May 2013, 09:32:39
Skyloto

Also:

Reading this one for the second time.

Posted on 04 Jun 2013, 12:16:23
[Kero]
I have a backlog list of novels waiting on a stack, but lately I've gotten back to reading comics, been like 10 years since I've read one. Now DC and Marvel rebooted all their series and made the stories short and sweet, so it'll help me get back back on track in a short time.

From the stack: Moby Dick, Tom Sawyer, Night Angel Trilogy and a bunch of geeky novels from WoW, Starcraft and Guild Wars universes.

Posted on 20 Jun 2013, 11:35:45
raela

I just recently flew through a read-through of this series.. it's meant for young adult, but it's wonderful fantasy that I fell in love with. :D My stepmom purchased the first book for me randomly one day years ago, since she was at a grocery store and saw in in the small book section (it had horses on the cover! I like horses and reading!). Originally, I went to the library for the other books in the series (and by the author), then later found copies online.. I just recently went on an amazon used splurge (super saver shipping woo~) and got physical copies so I can feel less awful.

I am now making my way through the another series set in the same place by the same author, which actually came first but eh. D: Look! Look at all those horses on those covers! They are amazing.

When I was shopping on amazon, I wanted to get books that all matched the cover design of the book I had (the author started putting them out in the 80s or so, so there are multiple versions around). Imagine my horror when I stumbled upon this cover, and couldn't find the design I wanted for sale:

..then I discovered amazon finally was intelligent and grouped all versions of a book under a single link, and I was able to purchase the books in the covers I wanted. Score!
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 06 Jul 2013, 15:15:07
Lein
Heavy Object

Well... not reading it, I'm actually translating it... I've readed till vol 3 or so about 1 year ago, is a pretty cool story.

also Sword Art Online!!

I SOOOOO want to see the vol 12 translated to english already!!

Another one that I enjoy reading is High School DxD

Might seem a little pervy, maybe because it is, but the story is awesome!

Oh and can't forget the one that made me get into the world of Light Novels, can I?
To Aru Majutsu No Index

I havent been reading the new volumes >____>!! I've lagged by 4 now!

and a bunch of mangas
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2013, 15:18:35 by Lein
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 09 Jul 2013, 12:23:27
T-Shaped

this is an extremely good book even if you don't like gaming and just want a cool story about how friends got together and created one of the largest gaming giants ever

Posted on 21 Jul 2013, 00:55:46
Butters
Rereading David Gemmell books and starting off with Legend.

Posted on 10 Aug 2013, 12:45:10
Allucinari
Just finished The Golem and The Jinni.  Was good.

Just started The Mapmaker's War.  Is also good, but written in second person which is crazy weird.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 18 Aug 2013, 14:25:01
Taralis
I already read this series but I wanted to read the first book before seeing the second movie.

Halfway through
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013