Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

What are you reading right now?  (Read 3617 times)

Posted on 20 Aug 2013, 08:16:54
LSDelusions
Almost to the middle. Do far it's pretty interesting and describes in a very weird and realistic way how America is. Or at least how it was.

'Ugh... Do I really have to go? I would much rather stay home look like shit and do nothing'

Posted on 29 Aug 2013, 02:49:59
Taralis
I will most likely start reading the second book in the Ender's Game series:

There are a bunch of books and series that I would like to start reading like rereading The Hunger Games series, A Song of Ice and Fire, I also really want to continue reading the next series in the Riftwar Cycle; The Serpentwar Saga
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 21:06:47
Allucinari

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to force a finish on this one and definitely not going to read the rest of the trilogy.  This thing is Twilight for a slightly better educated audience, the female lead becomes instantly weak and moronic with her super cool vampire lover in place and it's trying me. Especially after finishing up The Mapmaker's War which was a rather feminist novel.  Also blatant Mary Sue author insert, kind of thing I expect from high school girls, not published authors.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 20:39:32
Snorkel
I got all of Jules Verne's classics on my Kindle. Recently finished 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, now I'm working on A Journey to the Center of the Earth.

After this I'm going to read the Dune chronicles :)

Posted on 29 Oct 2013, 04:48:50
Kichijoten

Brilliant series, this is a prequel.

Because the book is way better than the movie D:

retired from RO2 - Playing FF XIV!

Posted on 07 Nov 2013, 17:30:49
Allucinari
Had to give up on the last one.  I just couldn't deal with it.  Moved on to better things.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 09 Nov 2013, 07:48:09
Kichijoten

Robert Galbraith = JK Rowling  :smile:

Posted on 13 Nov 2013, 21:04:47
Snorkel

I just started it.... it's pretty damn epic  :stronglove:

Posted on 27 Nov 2013, 11:15:10
Suppaman

:(

Posted on 12 Jan 2014, 13:56:32
Kichijoten

But in Dutch...so the title is different (De zonderlinge avonturen van het geniale bommenmeisje)

It's a brilliant absurd story  :heart:  ::>:

Posted on 14 Jan 2014, 11:49:13
Snorkel

Nearing the end of this series... it's so good  :cry:

Posted on 22 Jan 2014, 09:11:35
Kurie
Because I am a 15 year old forever trapped in a 25 year old body, I am reading teen lit. ::>:

I just finished John Green's Looking for Alaska. Very quick and easy read, and a great book. I wish his books had been around when I was younger. I've also read The Fault in Our Stars which is also very good. His books are definitely geared toward teenagers, but still enjoyable as an adult.

Keeping in trend, I'm currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'm about 8 chapters in and not too sure about it, but have a date with it + my stationary bike tonight, so we'll see if it starts to pick up.

Posted on 22 Jan 2014, 12:21:25
Kichijoten
John Green is brilliant, I'd recommend them to everyone. We even have the English books in our library  :smile:

Posted on 23 Feb 2014, 18:28:01
Chinskins

I started to read it yesterday and seems to be enjoyable =)

Posted on 26 Feb 2014, 11:25:37
Kichijoten

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013