Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Raid Revamping  (Read 1679 times)

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 01:47:11
Lexy
We've been talking a lot about what to do about raids with regards to progression, time slots, and player availability. I was going to make a couple of polls asking about this but I would like a discussion rather than people voting one or the other and not explaining themselves (like they do in Poll of the Week  :cross: ). Also I can't make multiple polls in one topic and I'd rather not have to make a bunch of poll topics. So please answer these questions and give us your opinion  ::>:

1. N Raids
- Does your main character still need majority N gear?

- Would you like a ...
  • regularly (1-2 times a week) scheduled N raid, or
  • biweekly or monthly scheduled N raid, or
  • unscheduled, wanted/needed-only N raid (no N raids otherwise)

2. Raid times
- How do the current raid times work for you?

- Are you able to raid on weekdays (not including Friday, the wannabe weekend day)? If so, what is a good time?

- Are you open to having a separate EU and NA raid (from timezone perspective only)?
IE, Have a separate EU raid time which is good for EU players only but not necessarily NA players, and vice versa. (Note: this does NOT mean you can't participate in both) Currently, there is a desire for a Friday 7pm (server) raid, which is too late for our Eurofriends but apparently good for NAfriends.

- IF there are separate EU and NA raids, AND you are already sufficiently geared (Eg, colo .. or higher!) OR don't care about tokens, are you open to doing 2 of the same raid run, just to help out, even though you might be locked out? (Eg, do the EU raid in the morning, get locked out for it, then do the NA one at night to help out. Also, it might be the case that these raids happen on different days so it's not just a matter of having to raid all day)

- Would you like to see us having 2-3 time slots for raids and dedicate a raid to each time (Eg, PvE H only on Fridays, CoA only on Saturdays) or any raid for those time slots?

3. Pugs and Recruiting

Sadly we cannot recruit these pugs.  :cry:

- Are you open to the idea of looking for pugs to pad out a raid if we don't already have a full one?
This is for 2 reasons:
1. It might be easier/faster to do a raid with pugs/more people if it is only a small raid party. (Really emphasizing the might)
2. It gives us a chance to recruit people who are already 50 and willing to raid.

We've had lengthy discussions about this and I cannot remember anything due to the tiny capacity of my brain, so if there is anything I've left out, feel free to add it  ::>:
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 03:03:51
Ishkar
Just my opinion but here goes

1. N RAIDS

- Take them out of the official rotation and make it so people are free to PUG them at will. Obviously, they can (and should) as for help within the guild before going off on their own but really normal raids are super easy and its a waste of time having them take up a raid day (assuming people are actually on to raid). I ran and ran with pugs as soon as i hit 50 and got my RHD gear, so it should be even easier now that there are geared people to help carry raids.

2. RAID TIMES

- I'm not the most dedicated raider and i doubt that will change (unless we're pushing for AoD somehow). I think that 2 seperate raid groups would be a great idea provided we have the people for it, also it opens up the door for a bit of trash talking between the groups (all in good fun i assure you  :mischievous:). If we do go with 2 raid times though i would be in the 7PM (I like that time) group because it means there are no breaks for colo and no time wasted breaking and reforming the raid. The current 4PM just feels to early in the day, then you get the colo break then you get the reforming... and all in all colo eats up a good 2 hours between the actual colo, the getting people back together and getting back into the raid.

3. PUGs

- Ugh I'll never understand why people are into those flat faced uggos.

- Back when i ran pugs i met a lot of great people (most of whom have sadly quit). Pugging is a great way to fill out a raid and meet new people. If i had made a guild instead of joining RAWR i would have started with a MT, OT, extra tank =x, sin, sorc, priest, and im sure others that im forgetting. There were of course bad pugs I had joined but when leading them i always found decent people between the friends list and the randoms. Always look to your friends first but pugging is definitely a good way to go. I wouldn't expect to meet too many people as far as recruiting goes but still, beats trying to 6 man a dungeon every week.

I think you hit everything Lexy but lemme just say: Colo ppl! get that gear so we can push some content

and pets, everyone ELSE should farm them

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 03:13:25
Lexy
Lexy was awarded 1 point/s for this post
- Ugh I'll never understand why people are into those flat faced uggos.

User has been banned from the forum, guild, all restaurants within a 100km radius, and life for this post. >8(

Thanks for giving your opinion  ::>:
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 04:14:24
Inquisitore
Here just my 0.02 € on the whole issue.

N Raids

My main right now is mostly Hard Geared, only the Glove are Normal and the Head is RHD so technically speaking no I don’t need to do Normal Raid.
The whole issue is that I got mostly of my gear by Colosseum and Crafting so my raid experience is more or less sub-zero. So I’m still thinking of doing them for training purpose especially since I don’t really PUG aside from RHD (that I which don’t do anymore due of the whole Union Point Box Drop that cut out my need of Crafting Materials).
That said I’ve two other Alternate that while are not in guild and far from level 50 (one is 38 the other 25) I do plan to take them to Raids sometime in the future and one of them is a Knight and I’ve the idea that TANK do need to learn more trick of the trade due of their need of control bosses.
So keep a casual approach to them but don’t stop them altogether.

Raid times

Not bad but not very well either.
The only raid time EU friendly right now is Sunday and I do thing out from the Computer on Sunday night, sometimes I’m free and sometimes I can squeeze time for a quick N Raid but it almost depend by my friends will.
The other time raid I can do but end up with me going to sleep in the early hours of the morning and after the (18 Server Time Colosseum?) I’m pretty much a walking zombie with concentration issue.

- Are you able to raid on weekdays (not including Friday, the wannabe weekend day)?

I can Raid in the weekend (and I include Friday), I can Raid on what are Saturday Morning, Afternoon and Night from my perspective (CEST) and Sunday Morning and Afternoon (CEST) but not Sunday Night.

- Are you open to having a separate EU and NA raid (from timezone perspective only)?

I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do

- IF there are separate EU and NA raids, AND you are already sufficiently geared (Eg, colo .. or higher!) OR don't care about tokens, are you open to doing 2 of the same raid run, just to help out, even though you might be locked out?

Right now I’m over PVE/Bapho (N&H) and CoA (N&H) in regards of Accessory & Weapons (Full Colosseum) and I’ve very few need of Bapho/PVE (N&H) Armor Set. So lack of token are not issue right now for me, my Alts can change this attitude a bit but right now I’ve come to the understanding that I need to do Raids for experience and team play learning (especially since I can’t understand anything of what you said on Mumble :cry:).

So I’ve no problem in helping even if I’m locked out, if my Real Life needs do no prevent me from doing that.

- Would you like to see us having 2-3 time slots for raids and dedicate a raid to each time (Eg, PvE H only on Fridays, CoA only on Saturdays) or any raid for those time slots?

Dedicate Raids do help in scheduling but I’ll keep some flexibility in them.

3. Pugs and Recruiting

(Sadly we cannot recruit these pugs.)
These pugs are super cute, but I’m a cat person. And sadly I cannot recruit a cat either  :cry:.

- Are you open to the idea of looking for pugs to pad out a raid if we don't already have a full one?
I’ve no problem with PUGs per se, I don’t go in PUGs because right now they do have absurd HP requirement or only want Sorcerer with Embus of Ruin, and I have a strange knack on getting people that cannot even write in English.
C'è potere nelle parole così come c'è potere nella passione.
Dimenticarlo a volte può risultarci fatale.
- Inquisitore Arion Athreides.

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 07:29:36
magnumopera
1. N Raids

I'm good with colo gear on my main, but I could use the gear on alts in theory... although they could also get colo gear eventually so it's not a huge deal either way.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing a pickup N-run to gear up the ppl who can use stuff but I don't feel that we should keep it on the official schedule for weekly running as we can clear it pretty easily with just 6 or so actual raiders at point.

2. Raid times

Personally I'd prefer a later raid time, ideally like... 7:30 so ppl are done with colo and we can get on and just raid straight till we stop or clear. the 4pm raid time is hard... it's too late for EU and too early for US... it's trying to meet in the middle and no one's happy with it from what I can tell.

For now weekdays are fine... if we do pickup raids during the week I might miss the occasional one due to other plans or if we have a scheduled day I might in theory miss a day here or there.

I know that 7:30 wouldn't work for EU players so unfortunately I think the best solution would be to make 2 groups for 2 time zones. Plus if we have 2 raids at 2 different times people can raid one with a main and one with an alt in theory. It's not going to work that way for most of us but if some decide to do that occasionally it'd help pad the roster of viable raiders a little.

As far as running a dungeon where I'm off the loot table, as long as I don't need anything, or at least not a bunch of things I'd be fine with that... atm I don't need the loot from most things anyways anymore since colo beats everything but AOD arguably but not really... AOD H gear is pretty much the only upgrade.

3. Pugs and Recruiting

For things like COA or (hopefully eventually) AOD I would not want to pug people in... either they will already have the gear to do it and won't need us or a guild in general... or they'll not have the gear and end up just being dead weight.

For things like PVE/Bapho or PVE/Bapho H runs I would be willing to pug people in as a trial/test to see if they're worth recruiting. If they're worth our time we can tell them what we can offer and see where it takes us from there. It's not going to get us 5 new people every week but bit by bit we can pick up a new member here and there by doing that, and ever bit helps.

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 13:58:16
ZellKFF
Open to anything that will suit the guild, will definitely do my best to help out with whatever raids are needed, even if it means repeating raids that I am locked out of / do not need or raiding at 5am my time (fri/sat).

My only suggestion would be to keep one regular N slot, because our target audiance for recruiting is new players, who will inevitably need N raids at some point (although we could carry them straight to H, but if it was my first char I'd probably want to try N raids first).

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 19:12:13
Allucinari
1. N Raids
I do not need N gear anymore. I have it or better.

I feel that it is best to schedule N raids as needed. This obviously would change should we get an influx of fresh 50s, then we could go back to weekly.  We may want to schedule a biweekly or monthly N raid in case new members are afraid to ask for help (please don't be I want to love you).

2. Raid times
They suck for me. I get out of work about an hour before Friday/Saturday raid starts which leaves me no time to eat. You know me, I am choosing food. It worked better for me when they were an hour later. After what is the 9pm colo for me would be fine too.
The Sunday colo is at a fine time if I am not working that Sunday. After October 17th I'll only be working 2/5 Sundays rather than the 4/5 it tended to be when I was less employed than I am now.

- Are you able to raid on weekdays (not including Friday, the wannabe weekend day)? If so, what is a good time?
Tuesdays & Wednesday post colo, maybe Thursday at well.

Yes. This would alleviate the timezone issue beautifully.

- IF there are separate EU and NA raids, AND you are already sufficiently geared (Eg, colo .. or higher!) OR don't care about tokens, are you open to doing 2 of the same raid run, just to help out, even though you might be locked out?
I always want to help. ALWAYS.

I am down with either option.

3. Pugs and Recruiting

Yes, best case scenario, we recruit some kickass new members.  Worst case scenario, I get a hilarious story of incompetence. Most case scenario, we complete raids easier.

If any of you have any suggestions as to how we can make raid a more enjoyable experience, please please please, let Lexy, Zell, or I know. You can PM us on the forums or in IRC if you aren't comfortable speaking up in front of everyone.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 19:15:56
Inquisitore
Little Service Comunication.

Apparently from tomorrow Raid will reset more often (some kind of event, so no know how much this will last).
C'è potere nelle parole così come c'è potere nella passione.
Dimenticarlo a volte può risultarci fatale.
- Inquisitore Arion Athreides.

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 20:12:03
Lein
Well, starting next patch Raids will reset daily, at least until next patch... well... not like I need that anyway, so its 2 weeks of chilling out for me.

Allow me to input my info... not that it's much.

Nope, not my main, neither my alt, maybe my other alt but basicly, nope.

- Would you like a ...
  • regularly (1-2 times a week) scheduled N raid, or
  • biweekly or monthly scheduled N raid, or
  • unscheduled, wanted/needed-only N raid (no N raids otherwise)
[/b]
unscheduled is fine by me. I can help out whenever needed and we can jump into random mode and simply visit uncle bapho.

Well... I'm always a reserve... not sure if times are to blame for that, but I won't jump outside of that unless they are past 7 PM colo time.

Only past 7:00 PM colo O___o;;

yup, Im up for this.

When I joined RAWR I said my goal was to have fun, not better gear, I'm up to help if I'm around and you need some random common DPS with a sharp tool in each hand.

uhm, not sure about this one... sorry.

I have a severe case of distrust to people. So if there are PUGs around you'll rarely see me talking or whatever unless I'm leading (which I will never do)... but, might be a good way to get some cool people in guild, yea... or a fun way to see humbaba revive just a 10 seconds of wining the battle :D! (Lets pull a Darky!) [oh btw, the weapon Darky was carrying wasn't the Pandora one, but the RHD one]
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 22:13:08
Lexy
I guess I should answer my own questions ::>:

1. N Raids

I don't need any gear as all my 50s are pretty much full colo (minus one piece). As for N scheduling, I wouldn't mind a biweekly/monthly or on-demand raid. First is for any shy 50s who is unable to get a group going, and this guarantees that they'll be raiding with us at least once and we'll be gentle about first raid rape~

2. Raid times

I don't *mind* current raid times, but they aren't ideal for me. I have to rush home from school for Fridays, Saturdays are my IRL days so I'm always late, and Sunday I have to wake up in the morning for. I am always up for raiding on a weekday (as long as it doesn't run too late) and I'm free pretty much any weekday after 5 (but really after colo so like 7pm server time).

I think having a separate EU and NA raid would alleviate the time constraints we currently have, so I support this option. We really only have time to do one raid per slot at the moment and there's not a lot of room for wipes. The only problem is not having enough people to pad out both raids ... leading to the next point ...

As I am pretty well geared, I do not mind at all helping another raid out even if I'm locked out. At this point I'm in it more to learn about the later dungeon mechanics so any chance I get is a welcomed chance.

As for dedicating raids to specific slots, it might make things a bit easier to get a variety of dungeons. I wouldn't want to log on wanting to do PvE but find out everyone wants to do CoA all day everyday. (I still want to do/finish PvE H btw) That said, it is more flexible if we were able to shift some around, say, do a second CoA run to cover the first wipe we had on Friday.

3. Pugs and Recruiting
Yes pug (dogs)! I'd replace all of you (except a select few) with pug dogs if I could :<

I am open to the idea of pugs as I did a lot of them on my ranger, and my priest found a really good (now defunct) guild via a pug, so it's totally reasonable that we could find some really awesome people via pugs as well. The only thing is, pugs aren't reliable and just looking for some can really slow down the raid. So .. mixed feelings about this!
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 22:46:10
Bloodrop

Yes, my toon needs gear! I am still rocking 3 RHD gear pieces.  I think one scheduled N raid would be good for the guild.  I do understand that there are guildies who no longer need to do N raids, but the process will help those who are new to raiding get experience and gear up.

2. Raid times

Friday's time is bad for me.  I don't get out of work until an hour past start time.  Saturday and Sunday times are okay if I don't already have plans.

I would be able to raid during the weekdays anytime after 7pm server time.

Sure I'm open to it, however, I don't think this is possible without more EU and NA players.  The last few raids I've participated in we ran with less than a full group.  If there were two separate raids I would be happy to help out if I'm already locked out of a raid.

I think it is important to have dedicated raids to time slots.  It will eliminate indecisiveness and save time.

Absolutely! It will give someone a chance to get to know our guild and possibly make them interested in being a part of it.

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 10:14:27
Qeh
Im gonna be short and lazy because i can adapt to most times in the weekend anyway.

Yes, but im also ready for Bapho/PVE H modes thanks to 2 colo pieces.

2. Raid times

Could be better, it's at 1 am usually for me which is doable for a while

Sometimes

Yes if we have people for 2 groups.

Yes and no. If you have most people needing bapho gear its pointless to do CoA N. Focus on progression.

Yes, but im also for not taking them if they cannot follow our rules, using mumble etc.

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 11:41:05
Jorimoni
Here is my take on things.

1. N raids
Nay, with full colo gear I'm good until CoA H / AoD N

- Would you like a ...
regularly (1-2 times a week) scheduled N raid, or
biweekly or monthly scheduled N raid, or

unscheduled, wanted/needed-only N raid (no N raids otherwise)

Reason: I think nearly all of us are already decently Colo geard, this should make CoA N A walk in the park as soon as we learn the tactics (From the previous raid I had the impression unbugged CoA N is easy). With 8 decently geared folks that can take on N CoA we can carry 2 undergeared folks with ease. This should speed up the gearing process a lot for both veteran and new guild members.

2. Raid times

Since I just graduated from my study and I'm working on an on-need-basis at my current job I got a lot of times (and sometimes not) until I start aiming at individual certifications / higher study.

This means I got time pretty much all the time, except that the 1am GMT +2 raid time sucks for me since it will take me through the entire night.

This would be very welcome, although I doubt we have the playerbase for this. It's already difficult to fill a group of 10 guildies with both EU and NA players.

If we ever get the right amount of players to realize this it would be a very welcome change for me and if needed I can even raid lead the EU raids.

If I got time to do both the EU and NA raids, I would definitely help out. But as I said earlier the NA raids which start at 1am for me will take me through the night and I'll be dead most of the next day.

I wouldn't recommend enforcing a specific raid on specific days. Some raid setups can be pretty bad for specific raids while they would be good for another. Enforcing the wrong raid at this time will definitely be bad.

-Side note:
I definitely have to agree with Ish on the whole colo thing. It's currently a waste to try and get started at 1am GMT +2 while the colo will be at 3am GMT +2. Usually it takes 30-60 minutes to even form the raid and then we get 1 hour of raiding time just to split up for Colo.

The folks that don't like colo are forced to wait for 1,5 hour before everyone has done colo on all their character just to take another 15-30 minutes to reform and continue the raid.

Try to plan the raids around colo and end the raid if Colo's pop up or ignore them (isn't nearly everyone who is interested in colo already full colo geared anyways?).

3. PUGS

Yes definitely. I am someone who hates waiting around. These days we spend 30-60 minutes waiting and hoping for more members of the guild to log on for the raid. In the meantime we could easily fill up on a PuG member. This way we can get to know more folks and try to drag em in more often if we're low on players.

Armonna, Level 50 Hybrid Priest
Jorimoni, Level 32 Ranger

Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 12:56:31
Dinocat
1. N raid (Bapho and PvE) should be done on your own time outside of normal raid hours. Here is my reasoning behind this; our main raiders are all CoA H or AOD n/h ready as far as gear goes, but we lack the experience. Dedicated raid times need to be pur towards progression, as such the main geoup needs to be in coa working and learning the mechanics. Being in n raids with our endgame raider lineup is a waste; if we want people to commit or even show up, we need to be doing something new.

Now this doesn't mean fuck the new guys. I can tell you for a fact that anyone is our progression lineup can 4-5 man any n raid. 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps. Which means anyone who needs the raid can be carried/guided through it for gear and experience in guild. Many times we have enough peoole on to do an n raid easily throughout the week. Also, if you want to join a higher tier raid, then you should be working for your gear outside of the guild as well; ie pugs for n/h raids to get geared up, there are tons of daily raids for you to join. It also helps to make friends outside the guild.

Also colo, always colo, even if you hate it, do colo; colo is gay but you get high end gear that will help get you through coa/aod.

As far as coa n or h goes, we can definitely afford to carry undergeared players for 1 2 4, but mm and rm are a bit of a dps race so might want a strong lineup. aod is a different story. Most of our raid we could probably take an rhd guy and get him coa n. Rwalistically pve h is the only eaid you might want guild on, but only for title really, otherwise just pug it. Bapho is just way too easymode in n and h for anyone who needs gear not to pug.

2. I can only make raid for friday on our current raid schedule or any raids after the 6pm colo on the weekends.

Weekdays after the 6pm server time colo is good any day, or after the 1pm colo on mon/wed.

Another possibility is an early morning raid, like around 3am server time.

NA/EU schedule works too, but we need more raider for the guild so split times, so recruitment inc. I'll help with locked raids if I have the time; until AoD I don't need gear anyways, I just do raid for progression purposes.

3. Pugs are fine if they aren't retarded and are also willing to get on voice chat with us. Select rules and reqs for pugs though, such as gear, fluent comprehention of english, and willing to follow directions exactly as we out them out. The goal should be to find people who might be willing to swap guilds to us as well. We need the raid lineup. We should definitely look at both na/eu regions in our raid lineup and have classes filled for a good raid. We are def short a few classes. We have tanks and healers out the ass. Maybe another sorc, mage, 2sm, cres, and rogue/sin.

Shit if we had an asston of new guys from the guild we can get 2-3 senior raiders to pug with them to help. We don't need time hours to get everyone geared.

Tldr; no n raids/pug them in your free time/guilies can easily help clear n raids to help outside of commited hours.

Posted on 26 Sep 2013, 17:55:03
Lexy
Thanks for everyone's feedback! Since a lot of people like the NA/EU split, here are the proposed times:

EU: Fridays @ 10.00 server time (PDT) (13.00 eastern, 19.00 central Europe) for H or CoA raids.
NA: Fridays @ 19.30 server time (PDT) (22.30 eastern, 04.30 central Europe) for H or CoA raids.
EU: Saturdays @ 10.00 server time (PDT) (13.00 eastern, 19.00 central Europe) for H or CoA raids.
NA: Saturdays @ 19.30 server time (PDT) (22.30 eastern, 04.30 central Europe) for H or CoA raids.
Sundays @ 10.00 server time (PDT) (13.00 eastern, 19.00 central Europe) for whatever's needed.

Since we don't have enough people to split the raids this week, we'll be keeping them at the old times temporarily. Please let me know if you have violently serious issues with these proposed times.
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013