Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Udemy  (Read 10 times)

Posted on 16 Oct 2017, 11:48:44
Outrack

I keep wanting to spread the love over one of my favorite discoveries this year, so here's a thread for it! :sparkle:

Udemy is an online learning platform that currently offers more than 55,000 courses on various topics - most of it relates to technology, but the library is broad enough that it covers just about every subject you may be have an interest in. While they have a couple of great free courses available, a majority are paid-for and almost all can be picked up for just $5 during one of their frequent sales or by using active coupons.

If you're wondering why you should bother using this service instead of other freely available resources, I personally perfer Udemy's offering because the standard is both generally higher and more consistent with the paywall, along with a great interface to keep track of your progress - it's been really nice to look up a particular subject and get the best rated course available instead of spending hours trawling through YouTube for alternatives that are often outdated, incomplete, or of varying quality.

I've already gone through the entirety of Percival's and Schmedtmann's courses on web development to bring my knowledge up-to-scratch and it's elevated the standard of my work massively, and right now I'm going through this course to finally familiarize myself with PHP/SQL database management so I can assemble larger projects I've always wanted to get off the ground.

I'll be updating this thread periodically as I learn more things, and hopefully others reading this will do the same! If you've used anything on the site before, post a comment and share your experiences with it :sparkle:

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013