Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Let's Do A Thing: MBTI  (Read 2063 times)

Posted on 21 Oct 2013, 22:37:53
Allucinari
I am certain we have done this thread before, but it was probably a very long time ago..

So!  Let's do it again!!

For those not from a touchy-feely liberal arts degree background where this sort of thing comes up regularly... The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a questionnaire that measures preferences that effect how a person perceives and interacts with the world.  It is widely used for HR purposes and trying to teach awkward college students about themselves, their strengths and weaknesses, and how to work those things to your advantage in groups.

Because I love being all up in your business, I think we should all answer the questionnaire and share our results! Compare, contrast, decide who to marry/fuck/kill you know, the usual.

For the curious, I am a ISFJ [Introvert(89%)  Sensing(38%)  Feeling(62%)  Judging(33%)]. ISFJs are considered the Nurturer/Defender personality type (I was destined to be guild mom). ISFJs are typically warm and kind, but live in a world where everything is clearly defined by rules and morals.  Known for having fantastic memories, ISFJs are badasses who will recall some weird obscure thing you shared once, three years ago.  ISFJs learn best by doing and have no time for your theoretical bullcrap.  We are also amazing at decorating and have a great sense of space, function, and aesthetics. ISFJs are very aware of their own feelings as well as the feelings of others, but tend to keep their emotions to themselves.  We also have a strong sense of responsibility and duty and also require pretty much constant positive feedback or we assume we are massive failures.  ISFJs tend to be unfairly judgmental as well.

Fun additional fact: ISFJs have the suggested career of librarian (among others).

Also because I know I'm not the only Harry Potter nerd here...

ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 00:02:09
Tycool
ENFJ
Extravert(33%)  iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(38%)  Judging(56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)
ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

I'd almost entirely agree with all of that. Actually, on one of my medical school applications I wrote about how "interpersonal relationships" were something very important to me. I made the points bold I felt most connected with my personality, but I guess you do see yourself differently than others do!
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2013, 02:30:37 by Tycool

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 00:31:08
Ishkar
ISFJ
Introvert(56%)  Sensing(12%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(22%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

High-five allu!

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 00:36:43
Lein
I don't think I did it right...

ISFJ
Introvert(100%)  Sensing(100%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(1%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
    You have strong preference of Sensing over Intuition (100%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Of maybe I did...
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 01:44:03
magnumopera
guess I'm the opposite of all of you guys except Tycool!  :shock:

Extravert(67%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(33%)

You have distinctive preference of Extraversion over Introversion (67%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Also I totally had no idea that Harry Potter had a brother... I should really read these books or watch these movies one of these days  :sweat2:
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2013, 22:51:29 by magnumopera

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 08:26:04
Allucinari
I figured we'd have a higher percentage of Is to Es...

...but goddamn why y'all me~
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 09:02:07
Kurie
ENFJ

Extravert(89%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(89%)

You have strong preference of Extraversion over Introversion (89%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

What up Tyler?! :sparkle:

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 11:46:43
ZellKFF
UGH THANKS ALLU FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT MY "TEAM BUILDING SEMINAR/STRATEGIC RETREAT DAY" FROM LAST WEEK which consisted of doing MBTI-based exercises all day long in a fucking classroom.

ENFP and proud of it :love: Besides all the obvious qualities depicting my intelligence, kind heart and all the other qualities in the world, this is acutally more heavily found in "carpe diem" type people, which is what I go by :lol:

Also Allu, ISFJ is what I would have given you but with a strong tendency to step into the E zone at (delicious and moist vodka) times :sparkle:

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 12:50:48
raela
Apparently, I'm Snape.. ;_;

ISTJ
Introvert(67%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(62%)  Judging(78%)
    You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
    You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

And because too many people passed up the opportunity to be a badass like Allu:

ISTJs are know as Inspectors/Examiners. We are noted as being the dependable and loyal type, with a strong desire to follow the rules. We don't always like to try new things, but if shown it actually does work, we will devote ourselves to that new way. Both of these things can lead to a hard time saying no, so we tend to take on more work than we can handle. Being the strong and independent type, we'd like to handle this on our own, thank you very much~ ..but we can play nice with others (though we'd like to be in charge, kthx, so we're still accountable for our own actions). On the outside, we can seem quite aloof and cold, and inconsistencies in others can frustrate the crap out of us (though we will be polite and keep such thoughts to ourselves). Feels are not our thing, so we have trouble recognizing them and expressing them.. but once we accept someone as "ours," we can be quite affectionate and caring (in our own ~special~ way.. don't expect too many words).

(Also, this paragraph is too sad but true to paraphrase ;_;) Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

..so I guess it does fairly reasonably fit me, even if I did expect to fall much stronger on the Introvert scale.
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 14:52:29
Tycool
Here's to all my Extravert buddies!

ENFJ
What up Tyler?! :sparkle:

Twinning! :lol:

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 15:07:30
T-Shaped
INFJ

Introvert(22%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(1%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 22:41:37
Dinocat

Posted on 22 Oct 2013, 22:53:13
magnumopera
I like how we're all judgey except zell >_>

Posted on 23 Oct 2013, 03:07:08
Sheepy

Extravert(11%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(50%)  Judging(56%)

I think this is the same one I got last time... although I'm not sure how accurate it is. Anyone else can't help but read each question and then evaluate which attribute it will swing?

Posted on 30 Oct 2013, 12:10:13
Outrack
Same as magnumopera though with varying percentages! Going to steal his image to save time.

ENTJ
Extravert(33%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013