Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

In game Rawr Chat Channel  (Read 974 times)

Posted on 27 Oct 2013, 23:10:42
Lein
You know, as many of you, I have many alts, and I play with most of them. My Rogue, Sin, Cres, Monk, making a swordie, a mage, the archer... and maybe some more chars in the future.

But as it was decided that in the guild we can only place 3 characters per person, let alone the use of guild skills, we cant chat with people on Rawr when we are on alts outside of the guild.

So to solve this, we should make our own Rawr Chat Channel.

How do you join?

Well, you open the «Friends Window» and click on the «Channel» tab. Then finally poke on the «Add Channel» button and type Rawr on the Channel name. Don't bother about passwords because that doesn't seem to work :V

Ok, so once you have that working, go to the «Chatting» tab in the Chat Window and right click on it, then check the «User Ch» option so you can see the conversation happening on the Rawr Channel.

Add up all your chars, so we can keep in touch o____O!!
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 27 Oct 2013, 23:40:49
MysticJin
Great idea, Lein. What are your thoughts of using a RAWR channel as our main chat window?

We can give this a run and see how it goes. Some issues are is that there's no password, so it's open for anyone to join in, may interfere with the guild chat itself as we may have to switch tabs or does this open a new window? If that makes sense?

I'm typing from my phone so cbb proof reading or adding other thoughts.
War has changed.

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 00:38:35
Allucinari
I really really like this idea, because while I just alternate between my sorc and my wiz, I get lonely when things are quiet.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 02:01:09
Lein
may interfere with the guild chat itself as we may have to switch tabs or does this open a new window? If that makes sense?

No, its the same chat window, you need to check mark to enable the User Channel chat to appear in the chatting tab, or the tab you are using the most, it won't open another chat tab.

However once you set it on a char, you'll join automatically next time you log in with it, so you just type /4 and you will be able to chat!
Nick -> Lein
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 08:33:03
ZellKFF
I have reserves on this but will go for it if the general consensus is that it is a good idea

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 08:36:52
shunoin
I like the idea a lot and I think we should give this a try!  :heart:

Posted on 01 Nov 2013, 19:14:32
Lexy
If you do this, remember to have User Ch checked in your chat tab settings ::>:

Otherwise you'll be a noob like Fartyface and talk a lot but not see it register :<
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 02 Nov 2013, 16:49:00
Lein
If you do this, remember to have User Ch checked in your chat tab settings ::>:

I did mention about that tho

Ok, so once you have that working, go to the «Chatting» tab in the Chat Window and right click on it, then check the «User Ch» option so you can see the conversation happening on the Rawr Channel.

Right there :V
Nick -> Lein
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!

Posted on 02 Nov 2013, 18:03:13
Lexy
I'm just reiterate it again, since I see people in the channel but not actually respond when I say stuff :<
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 03 Nov 2013, 09:33:17
Lein
we are ignoring you :V
because you have tendencies to watch old men poop >:(
Nick -> Lein
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013