Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Vulcan or Falcon? ranger musings  (Read 1097 times)

Posted on 04 Nov 2013, 09:26:09
MrKillShy
Well i have already picked Amar's brain about knight builds, and my priest build is frozen for the moment, so that leaves the others. First up is the ranger I am looking for input on my build so i need a brain to poke around in (cough Lexy cough) srry must be the dust in here.... So this is what I have in mind http://www.ro2base.com/build/generator/ranger#AAzAzvvxCxvCCv/49.31.1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0 I have reviewed many guides but they tend to be to generalized. Being mainly a single target killer I was thinking the Vulcan would be nice but i still want to be able to have my bird tear thing's eyes out (get'em Bloodwing :P style, so sad what happens in 2 makes me wanna cry and eat Jack's face >:( ). But if any of you kind sages might give me better leads or tasty input (mmmmm brains!!) i'd be ever so grateful. :vash:
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2013, 12:08:13 by MrKillShy

Posted on 04 Nov 2013, 10:04:13
Suppaman
Well i have already picked Amar's brain about knight builds, and my priest build is frozen for the moment, so that leaves the others. First up is the ranger I am looking for input on my build so i need a brain to poke around in (cough Lexy cough) srry must be the dust in here.... So this is what I have in mind http://www.ro2base.com/build/generator/ranger#AAzAzvvxCxvCCv/49.31.1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0 I have reviewed many guides but they tend to be to generalized. Beind mainly a single target killer I was thinking the Vulcan would be nice but i still want to be able to have my bird tear thing's eyes out (get'em Bloodwing :P style, so sadwhat happens in 2 makes me wanna cry and eat Jack's face >:( ). But if any of you kind sages might give me better leads or tasty input (mmmmm brains!!) i'd be ever so grateful. :vash:

Falcon

Posted on 04 Nov 2013, 12:40:41
Lexy
I have pretty much the same build as the one you posted but with 5 Fear Breeze instead of Poison Arrow. If I could reset my skill again I'd probably go for lvl 5 PA instead of FB because I hardly notice the haste increase. As for AV vs Falcon, I would say AV. Maxed Falcon only deals 10% more damage and it's got a long cd. AV, on the other hand, might be hard to build proc to (needs 5 double strafes, each double strafe needs 30 concentration, each charge arrow only gives 15), but with level 5 ranger main, it's really easy to build up to. So, depending on what you want to use your ranger in most, I'd recommend Falcon if it's primarily a colo/PvP build, as it's difficult to build up Fear Breeze in a short amount of time like that, and AV for raids/PvE, as it does more damage in the long run.
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 05 Nov 2013, 00:49:57
MrKillShy
Thanks Lexy ^^, so that leave me thinking that I can possible sacrifice PA for True Sight and Falc/x2 Falc a lot more often. PA dot is terror but it seems to start out fairly decentany way and if i can get 5/5 TS i can pop 2 Falcs on something every min and a half to maintain dps for colo but keep a strong pve core.... dunno. Experience will tell, and since they give you the respec scroll i can try it and see. If it works well i will note it, but now i'm down to 2 variables so that is awesome. Thanks again you rox *gives stolen cookie*   :love:

Posted on 05 Nov 2013, 00:59:38
Lexy
Even with vigor, your falc cd won't be that fast. I can get it down to just over a minute with guardian + wind walk, and with AoD set buff. If you're trying to compare damage between falcon and PA, PA will win because you can spam it a lot more, whereas you'd have to wait at least another minute before you can shoot off a falcon after one goes away. I wouldn't max True Sight, even at level 5 you still have to wait 2 mins for the CD, and the points can be better used elsewhere.

If level 5 PA vs level 5 Falcon, PA will win. Strong DoTs make a world of difference in colo, and it's incredibly useful in raids. (In a raid with 2 or more rangers, it's the ranger with higher level PA be on DoT duty)
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 05 Nov 2013, 02:27:49
Suppaman
Well, a Ranger stuck in the choice of build Vulca or Falcon is like when Knight have enough points to buy a colo gear, but don't know wich one, sword or shield. :)

Posted on 05 Nov 2013, 04:27:41
magnumopera
imo vulcan > falcon outside of pvp

also I'd wait to buy any colo gear until t2 comes out since prices are going to be lowered... sword vs shield I'd say sword cuz it'l help you get colo points faster but imo wait cuz why not both?

Posted on 05 Nov 2013, 04:32:37
Inquisitore
I've tried Falcon at first because, Falcon are cool.

But I retrained myself to be Vulcan. Falcon are good in PVP but not in PVE.
C'è potere nelle parole così come c'è potere nella passione.
Dimenticarlo a volte può risultarci fatale.
- Inquisitore Arion Athreides.

Posted on 05 Nov 2013, 07:57:31
MrKillShy
ok, think i have been misunderstood a bit. Sorry for the sloppy explanation, i am staying on Vulc route just thinking about popping my lv 1 Falc more often in colo because i do both, and am working on getting a head start on BPs (i probably wont need the extra Falcs but just wanted to see if i can get kills evan faster), then using my respec scroll to revert to the plan I laid out. i realize PA's dot is awesome at 5/5 it equals all three of my priests dots at once plus faster cast than the third (Adoramus 1sec cast no matter the rank) give or take a few %, i just didn't think it was necessary pre 50 cuz most of those fights are pushovers and the already respectable dps of the ranger class, though some of the later dungs can get rough, and i'd get to play with Falcs :P overall i am in agreement with what i am reading here i just have a chance to screw around with a gimmick that can be used twice per colo rnd at best. Though honestly the amount of time it will take to even get to the point i can try it is already a big turn off (and with the build i laid out i will still get to dbl Falc someone every round should i choose), but well just musing. :vash:
P.S. Suppa I agree with Magnum wait a bit and get both. Oh and Kreeeee!!! ^^
Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 08:28:59 by MrKillShy

Posted on 05 Nov 2013, 10:57:13
Lexy
Level 5 PA is probably going to be your strongest attack in colo, since stats are balanced, you potentially do like 600-700 damage DoTs.

Falcon is just good to send out to annoy people because you can do it while stealthed.
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013