Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Gaming Bucket List  (Read 821 times)

Posted on 30 Nov 2013, 06:29:04
Outrack
Over the years I've amassed a huge collection of games, as I'm sure most of you have also done with things like Steam sales and Humble Bundle offers. The problem is, when taking a realistic look at the wealth of titles I realize that there's no feasible way I could play all of them unless I somehow won the lottery and could dedicate the rest of my life to gaming - so I had the idea of putting together a "bucket list" of games that I've been indefinitely putting off to finally get them out of the way.

Maybe I'm alone, but I tend to put off games I know I'll enjoy because I don't want to commit to them knowing I have other things to do - so I've got a pretty long list of games I've avoided playing for years now. Games I'm currently trying to give priority to are:
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • .hack// quadrilogy
  • Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver franchise
  • No One Lives Forever
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Sacrifice
  • Silent Hill
  • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  • Zone of the Enders
Are there any games you've always meant to get around to, but never have? If so, let us know what they are!
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2013, 07:27:26 by Outrack

Posted on 30 Nov 2013, 07:08:28
Ishkar
I'm sure there are tons of tons of games that would make it onto a list like this for me but theres one game that popped into my head as soon as i read this, a game I've always wanted to play, always hear is amazing and always put off because it would take up a lot of time, and that is Star Ocean on the PS2. I've owned it for 9+ years now and it's still sitting on a shelf sealed in its plastic wrap  :sweat:

Posted on 30 Nov 2013, 07:18:41
Outrack
Ah man... I have Star Ocean on PS2 as well, bought if from a guy on a SA's equivalent of eBay and had to ask for a refund as I never got it, then it suddenly turned up in my mailbox 6 months later. Had to contact him to pay him again, he seemed pretty surprised that I came out of the blue and returned his cash :p

I wanted to get the PS3 Star Ocean game, but I've heard bad things about it - supposedly it can take upwards of 1000 hours to get the Platinum trophy or something?

Posted on 30 Nov 2013, 07:27:30
Ishkar
Lol you and your platinum  :stoic:  but yea thats what makes these games such time killers, its not beating it that would take time it's the maxing and unlocking of everything and "finishing it" that I just don't know if I have in me haha

Also thats the equivalent of going up to a stranger and saying "hey i thought i this $20 fell out of my pocket 6 months ago but it turns out it was yours, sorry about that, here you go". Good for you but yea, most people aren't that nice these days. A double thumbs up for you, classy move  d-^_^-b

Posted on 30 Nov 2013, 15:07:33
ZellKFF
I wanted to get the PS3 Star Ocean game, but I've heard bad things about it - supposedly it can take upwards of 1000 hours to get the Platinum trophy or something?

No idea about full completion but it is a pretty long -and very nice- game. you should definitely get it :love:

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013