Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Fitness General  (Read 6596 times)

Posted on 09 Jun 2014, 21:16:06
Kurie
Still a fatty. Trying to up my exercise game. Completed Week 1 Day 1 of Couch to 5k (C25K) today. I don't really like running, but I wanna try it. :> Planning on going to the gym or running every day this week on my lunch break!

Posted on 13 Jun 2014, 08:34:03
Outrack
I banked up so much stuff for this thread and never got around to posting it, and now have too much stuff to dump...

It's really hard to eat right and exercise right now due to a very sudden and extreme onset of cold weather, though I'm pushing ahead regardless as I'm kind of sick of always putting it off for one reason or another. I'm not sure what my weight is right now as I can't find it in me to discard the multiple layers of clothing I have on to find out.

Here's a bit of motivation - Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock) has started an initiative/marketing campaign for his new film based on Hercules, called "TeamHercules.com". It's basically a group challenge to get as ripped as possible ahead of the film coming out and he'll be sharing his own routines - the workouts require gym equipment but it's still great info for anyone wondering how he went about it.

Posted on 13 Jun 2014, 08:58:13
Kurie
Boop boop, just checking in to say that so far this week I have indeed worked out every day. I did my second run of C25K yesterday and only wanted to die during the second half of it. More exciting/motivating than that is that I actually woke up early yesterday wanting to go for my run. :shock:

Posted on 16 Jun 2014, 17:12:56
ZellKFF
Down to 84kg, my lowest since I was a teenager ^_^ That's....a 10kg loss in the last 6 months? All while actually building muscle <3

I have ribs and hips and pecs and a flat stomach and new muscles everywhere , so I'm pretty happy :love:

I work out 15 hours a week though ::>:

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 20 Jun 2014, 11:50:13
Allucinari
I "ran" a mile in a little under 10 minutes last week.  Feel like I should probably get a gym membership become a treadmill bunny and do this every day.  Looking into it.

Soon I will truly be the fairest of you all.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 20 Jun 2014, 12:35:48
Scribble92
I finally got off my ash and went to get a gym membership today but the computer system had crashed so i couldnt :( gonna go back tomorrow and sign up, gotts lose my "foster's belly" according to jin :(
Scribble92- beastmaster extraordinaire

Posted on 23 Jun 2014, 07:24:55
raela
Graduation and moving across the country have really interfered with my routine (oh god Kurie moving sucks ;_;). There is a gym somewhere on the property that I have yet to be brave enough to find, and I need to find a new place to have my scale (bedroom is upstairs, but readings vary wildly up there), but I've at least gotten food things together. Also need to find where best to put the DDR mat.. My clothes still fit / are slightly loose, and I can see my rib cage, so I don't think I slipped too much. Had someone comment that it looked like I had lost weight since they last saw me (ok it was a year ago but still!!) Still have various miscellanous things to unpack and this week at work will be a little hectic, so more intense exercise will have to wait.. but I chose the cheaper parking pass and have been walking everywhere / taking the stairs at least.
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 27 Jun 2014, 11:31:24
raela
OKAY DOUBLE POST BECAUSE I CAN. I will try to get in the habit of posting Fridays again. No change in activity, but I'm at 165.4 lbs, so back to my low. My goal this weekend is to be brave and find the gym at my new apartment.

Posted on 01 Jul 2014, 08:40:39
Kurie
Back down to my low weight that I keep hitting and getting stuck at. Fingers crossed I break past it this week! :lol:

Posted on 02 Jul 2014, 17:09:49
ZellKFF
Lost another 3 kilos and maintained my muscle mass ^_^

I am not very far off from being...officialy in the "normal" zone when it comes to BMI O_O

Ah yes, I do take casein shakes post-workout, I suppose this helps somewhat ^_^

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 04 Jul 2014, 07:05:36
raela
I ended up not stepping foot outside all last weekend.. but um, I'm at 161.6 lbs now! Yay for whacky water weight madness. Though, I'm going to my dad's this weekend for holiday celebration.. so probably will put on some more weight. ._.

Posted on 30 Jul 2014, 12:48:19
Carlos
You kids and your celebrations. I'm fixed at 155lbs and still building muscle although I'm back to running 2 miles after lifting because I want to be skinny and not all jacked up

Posted on 30 Jul 2014, 19:16:43
raela
Well sorrrrrrry my family likes to get together >:o

Hit 158.8 (woo past the 160 barrier!) and hoping the downward trend keeps it up. D: Never did find the gym, but I bought a bike then tried to learn how to ride it (falling is not fun ._.). I've made the trip to the grocery store (2.1 miles / 3.4 km one way) several times now, and today even took the bike to work! (3.7 miles / 5.9 km). Planning on commuting via bike on nice days and just getting out to ride around on other days.

Posted on 23 Jan 2015, 07:57:07
raela
raela was awarded 2 point/s for this post
HEY HEY, one year (sort of) update. I better see multiple people do this. ::>:

So I've had ups and downs and craziness and all that, but overall, I've managed to lose weight! My starting weight was somewhere around 190-200 lbs (86-91 kg), though I wasn't totally sure to begin with - my first "official" weigh-in was 181 lbs (82 kg) after a week of travel and free food (and quickly dropped that by 10 lbs). I had a goal of 160-170lbs (72.5-77kg), which seemed quite tough for me as I had never managed to get down below 166 lbs.

Well, I altered how I ate, tracked weight, got frustrated, gave up weighing, moved, bought a bike to commute to work, kept up on the diet, started weighing myself again.. and I'm amazed to report that my lowest weigh-in has been down to 146 lbs (66 kg). I just got back from the week of terrible choices (eating out for all meals? Ugh, I lack the self control for that), so no "current" weight, but my pants still fit so that's good enough. :cross:

I no longer have a goal number, but, instead would like to keep going until I'm happy with my "problem" areas - I like how I look with clothes now, but I still have a bit too much tummy pudge, and my butt/legs jiggle more than I'm really wanting to put up with. That being said, last summer my "bathing suit" (yoga pants and a tankini) was falling off of me, and the top was coming dangerously close to exposing me in waves.. so my mom convinced me to buy a bikini, and then wear it in public. Having the self confidence to show that much of my body is good I guess?

And, because pictures are great motivators:

My high weight in high school (mom denies I was ever 220 lbs.. but I believe it :cry:)

My typical college/grad school weight, so closest to my starting point

And two weeks ago, clothes shopping for the conference

Posted on 29 Jan 2015, 18:22:27
Taralis
WOW Raela. Way to go!

I really need to start being more active. Which is why I am planning on getting a mountain bike with my tax return and going to make myself ride as much as I can. I would be snowboarding my but the snow in the mountains suck royally right now.
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013