Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Fitness General  (Read 8348 times)

Posted on 04 May 2015, 05:58:16
Outrack
Necroposting!

Awesome job raela, well done! It's really nice to see you make so much progress, even though you posted this a couple of months ago I hope you're managing to maintain it and still happy with what you've accomplished.

I've totally fallen off the wagon and I think am at around 95kg right now, but now that I have regular internet access again I'll start updating my MFP profile again. Current goals are to get back down to 90kg which I'll hopefully do in 3/4 weeks, and to resume a regular workout routine!

For record purposes, my physical appearance right now is as follows:

Posted on 18 May 2015, 09:46:46
Outrack
Nothing new to report just yet, so here's an infograph on some effective workouts to target specific muscle groups!

Posted on 14 Jun 2015, 15:48:02
Outrack
Clearing out tabs and saw this on imgur the other day, didn't want to lose it so reposting here for future reference (and hopeful benefit to others).

Posted on 13 Nov 2015, 03:45:49
Outrack
Posting for personal use, but if it helps anyone else great :sparkle:

I found an imgur gallery earlier showcasing effective full-body dumbbell exercises, which is awesome as I have a paid laying idle and am too cheap to buy anything better - the gallery can be found here, with the full video embedded below.

Posted on 27 Apr 2017, 06:55:41
Outrack
Somewhat fitness-related! Two beautiful morons are facing a federal lawsuit by a salty TV network after they talked their way into appearing as fitness instructors. Read more about it here, and be sure to add a rotation of basket-stomping into your next workout!

Mirror: https://streamable.com/voq59

Posted on 27 Apr 2017, 08:20:53
Lala Beilschmidt
When he dropped those bottles I cried a little HAHAHA

Posted on 25 May 2017, 14:41:18
Wetherbee
When he dropped those bottles I cried a little HAHAHA

Awesome thread. I really need to lose about 20 pounds. Time to start doing some exercise.
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2018, 02:29:48 by Outrack

Posted on 04 Jan 2018, 02:54:09
Outrack
Wheee, new year - new goals!

Just wanted to drag this out of oblivion to notify anyone interested that Humble Bundle is selling off a bunch of fitness resources which may be worth picking up for those starting off the year with resolutions connected to weight loss and/or general health improvement. You can see what they're offering by clicking here!

Also, I saw an infuriating segment on Sky News discussing the futility of New Year Resolutions as statistically most are destined to fail with only an estimated 8% of people succeeding to uphold theirs. While it may be difficult to adjust to new lifestyle changes, try to remember that resolutions are made for a reason - most often the desire to improve oneself - and the alternative is complacency and acceptance of an undesirable situation.

There's nothing wrong with making resolutions, just do so realistically and approach it with the right mindset. Check out this article on LifeHacker for some good advice on how to approach things, and if your aspirations are connected to health drop a comment here! It's a LOT easier to stay motivated when you're in a group working towards a similar goal.

Posted on 04 Jan 2018, 11:46:21
Lyna
Lyna was awarded 1 point/s for this post
Ooh that humble bundle link looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I'm hoping to lose a significant amount of weight in the first half of this year. I'd like to do it so I can take lots of pictures for social media when I attend E3, and also to be ready to make cosplays for the following year! I always struggle with motivation though so that's something I'm going to have to try and tackle  :sweat:

Hopefully this year will be the year for a massive overhaul in lifestyle changes!

Posted on 12 Jan 2018, 11:40:12
Lyna
Lyna was awarded 1 point/s for this post
Update from me! (I know this is fitness but I hope weight loss and healthy eating counts...)

Almost through the first week of diet! Not gonna lie. It's been really hard. Though what has helped was making meals for the week on Sunday and having them for lunches. Made chicken teriyaki for the first time which was yuuummmmy. Don't think I put enough in each pot to fill me up though (so will do a bit more this weekend!)

It's been hard not just snacking on chocolates and sweets while gaming or working too as sugary treats are one of my biggest weaknesses... If anyone has any suggestions on how to help combat it let me know!

I've been having zero sugar fizzy drinks to help wean me off (tricking myself into thinking I'm having my treats) and to help fill me up towards the end of the afternoon before a long commute home from work. I know I will need to stop having those as well to be REALLY healthy, but it's something to help get into a routine which seems to be working at least..! It's not perfect and I still get those cravings, but hopefully I'll get there!

I do my weigh ins every week on a Sunday so guess we'll find out how I got on soon :speechless:

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013