Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Wrong number Lulz  (Read 788 times)

Posted on 01 May 2014, 08:29:28
fiph
fiph was awarded 1 point/s for this post
So a while back someone kept trying to call me and I didnt recognize the number so i kept ignoring and finally i answered. It turned out to be some chick who thought i was her cheating boyfriend and apparently i sounded like him and i could not convince her that i wasn't her boyfriend. I finally said, "look i am married and have 2 kids and im trying to go to bed" and she said, "whatever" and hung up.  The end.

Posted on 01 May 2014, 20:24:30
Outrack
Sounds like you could have had fun, I would have been tempted to mess with her :sparkle:

I'd say we should turn this into a "wrong number" thread and recount funny stories of when we've either called the wrong person or been on the receiving end of one... But I can't think of a single good story to tell. I ignore almost all calls from numbers I don't recognize due to telemarketer spam and the few wrong numbers I've got usually end with the person just hanging up.

Posted on 01 May 2014, 22:32:00
fiph
one time a telemarketer called for my wife and i told them she died, they felt so bad  ::>:

Posted on 01 May 2014, 22:51:44
Scribble92
Scribble92 was awarded 1 point/s for this post
one time a telemarketer phonedd me and i just made random animal noises down the phone until they hung up. all the while they were talking about whatever it was they were selling. they lasted for 3 minutes
Scribble92- beastmaster extraordinaire

Posted on 02 May 2014, 12:03:22
Lein
one time the bank called to my home looking for my dad

Banker: Excuse me, is Mr Azuares home?
Me: Its Azueres...
Banker: Azuares?
Me: Azueres...
Banker: Azuaaaa
Me: A-ZU-E-RES
Banker: Azueres?
Me: Yes
Banker: is he home?
Me: No

End of call :v
Nick -> Lein
Leinzan -> Average Rogue!
Aiot -> Monkey Assassin!
Citlalicue -> Cursing Crescentia of the Vengenful Stigma!
Arkenne -> Squishy Tanky Monk

Posted on 05 May 2014, 17:51:19
Allucinari
Once when I was babysitting my former neighbor's grandchild a telemarketer called.  I told them the truth, he had died.  They immediately hung up.  I felt awkward. It was great.

I also kept getting texts for some dude from his family. I kept telling them I was in fact not their son/brother, but a girl who had no idea who they were and wished they would stop texting me. They eventually did. Probably because I never showed up for Christmas dinner or something.  Weirdly, they never called...
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 05 May 2014, 18:59:35
raela
A woman once (accidentally?) gave out my number as her own repeatedly for a few months. Most calls I got were just "oh hey, is Maria here? No? Ok sorry" (even had one that called right back after double checking the number!) The oddest one was when Sears called looking for her to confirm she would be picking up some furniture that afternoon. I tried several times to tell them it was the wrong number and I didn't even know her.. but nope, salesdude needed confirmation. Finally just said yeah sure whatever I'll be there!! ...they didn't call back so I guess she showed up?
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 06 May 2014, 04:45:39
Maxscha
I've had so many, I can't even count.
A hospital calling to tell me so and so was asking for me...
A school asking me to pick up my kid (I don't have a kid)...
Various calls for the person my phone line belonged to...
Various calls for activation/deactivation of accounts not mine...
Various places calling to ask for an order alteration/confirmation...
And endless telemarketers that called for my X,
 unable to pronounce a not-all-that-uncommon/unknown name...

But the most fun is when a religious group likes to revisit your doorstep
early on Saturdays, before you are typically awake and dressed for the day.
Answer the door too-close-to-naked, and they will NEVER return, I promise.

:mischievous:

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013