Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

How was your week? #2  (Read 926 times)

Posted on 01 Jun 2014, 20:50:33
Outrack
So my last week was completely derailed by Final Fantasy XIV.

I didn't spend nearly as much time doing the things I had planned, yet I don't regret the hours spent playing at all as I'm now getting out of the game what I originally hoped for when I first started - I got to connect with some of the newer guildies I hadn't had the pleasure of getting to know better previously (Scrib and Faint, and Kichi though she was on infrequently), we settled into the new guild almost effortlessly, and have already made a lot of new friends with the potential of making a lot more in future. Even if I came up short in my other objectives, it's been a wonderful experience so far. Also, cute girls dancing on tables.

One thing that I probably shouldn't brag about (but I'm going to anyway huehue) is that I've received almost constant praise while playing from both the members/leaders of the guild and even random players - I haven't felt so hot lately so it's been very welcome, and the faith I've been shown has helped a lot with clearing all stress and doubt from my mind. As for the new guild, I've been brought on board to help with the forum which is a great opportunity both to establish ourselves further in the community and to get under the hood of an Enjin premium site; the latter being especially important to future projects I'll talk more openly about when they're further into development.

Fun as it was, I really need to get back to work. How was your week?  :sparkle:

Posted on 01 Jun 2014, 21:02:00
Allucinari
My week started out okay, didn't have to work Monday because of a holiday.. The short week was enjoyable.  We had a catered lunch someone won for the office on Tuesday.  Wednesday was our big food day party in which everyone told me how talented I am at baking and how pretty my cupcakes are (huhuhu).  Then Thursday rolls around and my coworker's dad dies and people be cryin' in the library and it was all very awkward as I scrambled to make the schedule work, convey human emotions without being a hot damn mess, and work long stretches on the desk like the library machine I was born to be.

BUT THEN! A wild raela appeared in my general vicinity and we partied it up on Friday and Saturday, watched X-Men Days of Future Past (not as bad as expected!) and things are looking up!

Also I bought a unicorn.  She's great.

All in all a pretty good week.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 02 Jun 2014, 07:48:43
Scribble92
I had a pretty mixed week.
Tuesday i had a take away and a few beers with flatmates as a good bye but then we decided to go out on the Thursday as a proper goodbye. ended up getting verrrrry drunk because people kept buying me shots (sambucca is the devils drink urghhh). lost my wallet :(
 Friday I moved back into my mums but at least she bought a new couch that has a sofa bed. yay no sleeping on the couch.... sort of.
Saturday went to my cousins for a bbq as it was her fellas birthday, again got very drunk so slept on their couch. woke up at 6:30 with her 9 month old triplets and sorted them out so they could have a lie in for a change. I'm nice like that haha
Sunday i went to visit my grandma who has recently just had some very bad news. She just found out she has throat cancer :( So as a family we're all giving up smoking ( me, my aunty, my uncle and one of my cousins).
Then my mum decided to have a bbq on the sunday evening so more food (and beer)
Scribble92- beastmaster extraordinaire

Posted on 02 Jun 2014, 08:03:08
raela
This past week was full of post-graduation running around.. trying to tie things up here and get my stuff packed up. In addition to my house and my office, I was also in charge of shipping out lab samples to the new lab.. it involved loading up stuff from a -4C fridge, -20C freezer, and -80C freezer (SO SCARY TO TOUCH) into insulated boxes, then covering them with dry ice (which I had to steal a cart and go to another building to get.. another scary thing to handle >:|) then seal it all up and bring it downstairs to a courier. More random acts of cart theft, woo~

Then at the end of the week I was totally insane and drove 8 hours to allu-land on 2 hours of sleep (and left at 4am so half the trip was driving through fog >:|). But, we had an awesome time roaming around places and causing trouble whereever we went. The unicorn is totally fierce. I got a more reasonable amount of sleep for the return trip home, then spent the rest of the day spread out on the couch watching anime.
~ raela (ML20 assassin) ~ naenia (ML1 sorcerer) ~ dasity (ML8 rogue) ~
~ sarinelle (ML1 priest) ~ nayrin (ML1 monk)  ~ kaysera (ML1 warrior) ~
 ~ acercia (25 beastmaster) ~ forgeria (30 wizard) ~ darkyne (ML13 soulmaker)  ~

Posted on 02 Jun 2014, 11:40:03
Faintning
Another week of emotional rollercoaster, being super stressed about if i get accepted to school or not. 10 more damn days to know that   :stoic: I don't have plan-B if i don't get accepted anywhere <.< Last few days my internet has been a damn bitch and not working the way it should be.

Playing FF XIV way too much, under 2 weeks played already lvl45 <.< I just enjoy the game too much. It has challenge that ro haven't had in a long time. Trying to balance between online world and real life, damn it's hard. I've been trying to spend more time with my mom, since if things go as planned, I'm moving out this summer. 7 days to bday \o.o/
BRD118, WAR113, PLD111, WHM111, SCH110

EXP:
coils 10/13
EX 7/7

Posted on 03 Jun 2014, 08:27:33
Kurie
Last week was pretty normal for me again too. Highlights include almost getting poison ivy, buying cute patio furniture, taking Kelly to the vet for her shots, going out drinking with my  friends, planting a bunch of veggies in my garden, and going on a double date with my best lady friend and her boyfriend. :love:

Posted on 04 Jun 2014, 04:59:48
Taralis
The biggest thing from this last week for me is that I ended the month at work ranked number 36th out of 700+ employees with my awesome stats and for that I am getting a $900 bonus! WOOOOO MONEY!!! lol
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013