Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Sooooooo  (Read 1195 times)

Posted on 11 Jun 2014, 18:28:31
fiph
Now that Dark Whisper is out, is anyone gunna play ?

Posted on 13 Jun 2014, 08:37:35
Outrack
Just looked through the official forum for more info and it seems like players have very little faith in it's implementation...

Those of you that have tried it out, what's your experience with it been like? Is it worth jumping back in to see what it's like?

Posted on 13 Jun 2014, 10:23:53
Faintning
Honest opinion, no. Another game breaking patch. AoEs cause lag, new UI is meeh some like it, some don't. Learned recipes gone, pets gone. DWF monsters have double def and more HP. Just longer fights, not much more challenge. Elements not working properly in DWF. MP requirements rised, which makes total no sense. Game is super duper grindy right now. I wouldn't recommend going back.
BRD118, WAR113, PLD111, WHM111, SCH110

EXP:
coils 10/13
EX 7/7

Posted on 16 Jun 2014, 02:53:41
Murmurlade
*enters DWF*
*crashes everytime i move a millimeter*
*enters osiris*
*freezes whenever a mob is killed*
*massive lag*

Posted on 16 Jun 2014, 17:09:32
ZellKFF
I've been trying to come on over the last few days, and will do so whenever possible :smile:

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

Posted on 19 Jun 2014, 07:32:57
shunoin
I was in there and didnt stand a chance against a single mob with my rogue. It was kinda sad to see that a spore was able to get me down to 2k hp with three hits lol. Different story on my soulmaker though.. It's just plain weird. Def is too high, hp is too high, the field bosses are rarely there because the map is channel based (?). You don't really stand a chance alone and there's never someone looking for party it seems.
From what I see most of the game's population did quit with the DW patch so that's not really surprising? Anyway..whenever I'm on I'm all alone and the game&guild are slowly dying. Sad, indeed. :stoic:

Posted on 19 Jun 2014, 08:13:17
Faintning
They upped the difficulty in a wrong way. You can still solo most field bosses, some require small party. Field bosses work in a same way as before like willow worker etc. Respawn time, no idea. But I've heard that's long. Anyway, people grind osi till ML23, then move to upper fields.

Lot of people quit or went to break after DWF, including myself, which doesn't surprise me since it was just another game breaking patch. Gravity never learns. Game will survive as long as there are P2W players. Guild tho, it's been really quiet for a really long time. I hate to see gravity throwing RO2s potential to trash can.
BRD118, WAR113, PLD111, WHM111, SCH110

EXP:
coils 10/13
EX 7/7

Posted on 19 Jun 2014, 09:04:39
shunoin
I was rarely there during the last few weeks so I cannot say how quiet it was in guild but I can see where you're coming from, Faint. I was about to edit my post up there to add to it but ugh might as well post it here.

I was on for 2 hours today and disconnected 4 times when I tried to auction things. Afterwards I went to Bapho to get the free honing scrub and I noticed it here too- either they really did a fucking bad job with raising the hp and def of monsters or they kinda nerfed my rogue. I have no idea. It actually took me 25 mins to finish a whole Bapho run (I usually take around 8-10 mins) and I kept on almost disconnecting every mob. Not even using any AOE at all.

The game is extremely laggy and it' obviously only getting worse. Not to mention that super dumb UI where you don't even know where to look and you usually realize it way too late ...that you're almost dead I mean.

The game as it is now is worse than it ever had been. I never wanted to give up on it but I don't think I will stay any longer either. If I could I'd play FF with you guys but I sadly don't have the system and the money to do so. See you around I guess?? I'll still lurk here of course but no more RO2 for me either.

Posted on 16 Jul 2014, 19:39:06
Jaccee
Just stopped by to say Hi. I am still intermittent playing, still grinding. Have 2 characters to level M20 and the other 2 to level M16. I took a few weeks off when the new content came online because lag and freezeups were so bad.  Today, it was so so. They fixxed some. Anyway, just saying hi and see y'all around.

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013