Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Reverence XCOM Unit  (Read 1132 times)

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 08:16:30
Glaceon
Glaceon was awarded 2 point/s for this post
FOR THOSE NOT IN YET: joining can be done at any time!

Okay so it might not be linked to FF, but it has to do with our beloved FC, i talked this over with Racky and well... just see if i can hook your intrest :D

===Secure Transmision Incomming===

Welcome, Brave Soldier.

Based on your past preformances in the military service, we have selected you to become part of the REVE program.
As you know our planet has come under attack of an alien threat. frankly earths military does not stand a chance, and functions only to bide us time.

You however, are diffrent. your exceptional skills on the battlefield make us believe that you can be part of our secret task force, REVERANCE, or REVE, to strike and take down the alien threat. take your rightful place as elite soldier, and help us defeat the alien threat

====End of Transmission====

okay so to summarise: XCOM is a game in wich the earth is under attack by alien forces and in tactical rpg style you he to take them down, the nice thing about this game is that it is highly customisable. Names, Last names and nicknames can be altered, aswel as language and appearence (( to a certain degree )). its perfeclt able to make characters such as: Outrack "The Leader" Soulbrandt. or Zell "Cupcake" Rawr.

another function of the game is permanent death; once a unit dies, he or she will be dead forever. and attaching familiar names can cause an involvement like effect. I already conducted somewhat of a test run and i determind what kind of setting to go with to make it challanging yet survivable.

So here is basicly what im asking; do you guys want to join this little guild event in wich 4-6 of us get send out per mission. I will take picutres of those send out, i will keep updates on how they did, and of mission results. all posted in a bit of a story like manner. You intrested? Good! then let me post your sign up forms :D

Name:
Lastname:
Helmet/Cap/no head gear
Prefered Colour of gear:

Clausule: Cybernetic Enhancement
This program turns the soldier into a mech wearing fighting machine. your power, aim, durabilty and effectivness will increase atleast threefold. however to operate such a suit amputations to the arms and legs are required. generally we see this as a last resort option for those who have been critically wounded upon the battlefield, however volunteers are always apriciated
[ ] I volunteer for the Cybernetic Enhancement Program
[ ] I Accept the Cybernetic Enhancment Program as a last resort
[ ] I reject this, even if it leads to death.

Clausule: Genetic Mutation
our mutation program allows the adeptation of diffrent human organs. while the effectivness isnt nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will succesfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on
[ ] I volunteer for the Mutation Program
[ ] I Accept the Mutation Program as a last resort

Note that a soldier can only be mutated or cyberneticaly enhanced. both is impossible

--------

and when we fill it in it looks something like this:

Name: Glaceon
Lastname: Fennec
Race:  Cocasian
no head gear
Prefered Colour of gear: Icey Blue

This program turns the soldier into a mech wearing fighting machine. your power, aim, durabilty and effectivness will increase atleast threefold. however to operate such a suit amputations to the arms and legs are required. generally we see this as a last resort option for those who have been critically wounded upon the battlefield, however volunteers are always apriciated
  • I reject this, even if it leads to death.

our mutation program allows the adeptation of diffrent human organs. while the effectivness isnt nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will succesfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on. Note that if you volunteer for this, you are expected to have atleast obtained a Captains rank and completed 10 missions, and took down 15 aliens. The mutation resources are expensive after all.
  • I volunteer for the Mutation Program

and there you have it, out first member of the team! i do hope others decide to join in for the fun! i need a minimum ammount of people to start it, and i have a limit of 75 entries. All come and have fun!

COMMANDER: Outrack
Troop list:
- G. Fennec
- T Daxe
- A Fennec
- M Andersson
- L Risu
- T Ki
- T Heartly
- L Wonder
- L Azreal

Last Edit: 28 Sep 2015, 04:41:25 by Glaceon

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 08:33:13
talo
ive been waiting my whole life to be a robot... i am so READY

HERE I COME!!!!!!!

Name: Talo
Last name: Daxe
Helmet/Cap/No head gear: None
Prefered Colour of gear: Black!

[X] I volunteer for the Cybernetic Enhancement Program

Our mutation program allows the adeptation of diffrent human organs. while the effectivness isnt nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will succesfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on
[X] I reject this, even if it leads to death.

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 08:42:41
Morningrise
Name: Ari
Lastname: Fennec
No head gear
Prefered Colour of gear: Black

[ X ] I Accept the Cybernetic Enhancment Program as a last resort

our mutation program allows the adeptation of diffrent human organs. while the effectivness isnt nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will succesfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on
[ X ] I Accept the Mutation Program as a last resort

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 08:51:34
Mark102
Name: Mark
Lastname: Andersson
no head gear
Prefered Colour of gear: White/Black/Blue

our mutation program allows the adeptation of different human organs. while the effectivness isnt nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will succesfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on
[X] I volunteer for the Mutation Program

Note that a soldier can only be mutated or cyberneticaly enhanced. both is impossible

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 09:41:20
Lumina
Lumina was awarded 1 point/s for this post
Name: Lumina
Lastname: Risu
Race:  Caucasian
Preferred Colour of gear: Pinku

This program turns the soldier into a mech wearing fighting machine. your power, aim, durability and effectiveness will increase at least threefold. however to operate such a suit amputations to the arms and legs are required. generally we see this as a last resort option for those who have been critically wounded upon the battlefield, however volunteers are always appreciated
[ x ] I Accept the Cybernetic Enhancment Program as a last resort

[ x ] I reject this, even if it leads to death.

:smile:

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 09:47:37
terin
Name: Terin
Lastname: Ki
Preferred Colour of gear: Blue/Black

This program turns the soldier into a mech wearing fighting machine. your power, aim, durability and effectiveness will increase at least threefold. however to operate such a suit amputations to the arms and legs are required. generally we see this as a last resort option for those who have been critically wounded upon the battlefield, however volunteers are always appreciated
[ x ] I volunteer for the Cybernetic Enhancement Program

[ x ] I reject this, even if it leads to death.

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 09:55:05
Talia Heartly
Name: Talia
Lastname: Heartly
no head gear
Prefered Colour of gear: Purple

[ ] I Accept the Cybernetic Enhancement Program as a last resort
I reject this, even if it leads to death.

our mutation program allows the adaptation of different human organs. while the effectiveness isn't nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will successfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on. Note that if you volunteer for this, you are expected to have at least obtained a Captains rank and completed 10 missions, and took down 15 aliens. The mutation resources are expensive after all.
I volunteer for the Mutation Program

[X] I Accept the Mutation Program as a last resort

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 13:50:50
Reaperman64
Seems fun! Best of luck keep us updated ^^

Name: Lyle
Lastname: Azrael
no head gear
Prefered Colour of gear: Icey Blue

• I Accept the Cybernetic Enhancment Program as a last resort

our mutation program allows the adeptation of diffrent human organs. while the effectivness isnt nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will succesfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on. Note that if you volunteer for this, you are expected to have atleast obtained a Captains rank and completed 10 missions, and took down 15 aliens. The mutation resources are expensive after all.

• I volunteer for the Mutation Program

Posted on 27 Sep 2015, 16:22:48
luma
Name: luma
Lastname: wonder
Race:  Latin
no head gear
Prefered Colour of gear: blood red 

[X ] I volunteer for the Cybernetic Enhancement Program

[X ] I Accept the Mutation Program as a last resort
[ ] I reject this, even if it leads to death

Posted on 28 Sep 2015, 04:32:37
Glaceon
Glaceon was awarded 1 point/s for this post

Id like to thank everyone that has expressed intrest so far and will do my best not to dissapoint you.

for the first day i made sure i got to the customisation part with al 12 starter soldiers in tact, giving me the best chance to add everyone from the start, and it succeeded, all of you are in so far, and have been customised

note that two troops have already gotten a rank, wich is because of the first mission. Mark requested to be a medic so when the first male was a support, i found it appropriate to give it to him.

second one is the wounded sniper wich has adopted my name. i inserted myself last when everyone else was assisted, and the last unit i overlooked was the sniper since she got wounded.

with that out of the way, its time for the first pictures! if i have enough time afterwards i might even run a mission before school

note that these designs arent final and that people arent yet turned into robots where they want to be. still room for change, also ignore the flags, game doesnt let me pick nationalities

Glaceon

LYLE

LUMINA

TERIN

BINX

TALO

`
LUMA

ARI

MARK

TALIA

if you dont like your colours or face or hair or whatever, i can work on it, this has been a general and somewhat limited design. just wanted to get things started

Posted on 28 Sep 2015, 05:03:07
Val
Reporting late for duty! (I'll do push ups later)

Name: Val
Last Name: Gramps
Helmet/Cap/No head gear: Whatever compliments the face
Prefered Colour of gear: green

Our mutation program allows the adeptation of diffrent human organs. while the effectivness isnt nearly as present as with the Mechanical enhancement, the human body remains mostly intact. while only 1/10 will succesfully restore a critically wounded soldier, there affects are nothing to look down on

Posted on 28 Sep 2015, 15:49:38
Glaceon
Glaceon was awarded 2 point/s for this post
Alright so, this is how I’m going to do it from now on:

First, little updates! such as personal tweaks and such, then a summary in story form of what happened. I’ll try to accompany it with pictures but since it's the first time, I didn't take many action shots yet! After that I'll show stat pictures and little personal updates. So yeah, I'd like feedback on this section and the progress, so we can make this most entertaining!

-----------
 Lumi and Ari requested a little tweak to their personas so their pictures will look a tad different when I post them. I also took some creative liberty on binx! All three will be shown soon!
------------

So i decided to post the story on a seperate page! this will be it:
http://ashtear.net/forum/index.php/topic,2365.0.html

Here we can still do the sign ups, and add things like skills, stats etc. this allows me to more acuratly and faster post the story while shifting to hte layout of the upgrades and changes people went through!

also it helps emerge in the story when you dont get alot of OOC related posts with it. finally it also allows (( and hopefully stimulates comments and feedbacks from you guys! post ideas, even a bit of idle character play and such when you can!

Finally, as i did in the story page; a major shout out to my besty lumi! <3 she has helped me correct my work out of her own initiative and it thrilled me to no end, Lumi, You rock girl <3
------------
That was the first story! now for some updates on personal ground! im gonna update this next, just wanted the story posted!  here im gonna post rank ups, ask people wich ability they want to learn, and what gear they want to use

for now the gear is simple: Scope, Medipack, Frag grenade
Scope: increases Aim by 10 for all weapons on the soldier
Medipack: heals squadmate or self for 4 hp / stabalizes a compainion in critical condition(( can be buffed, multple uses or turned into a revive rather then stablize ))
Fraggrenade: AoE Explosive that damages enemies, but also explodes terain and artifacts, use with restraint
----------------------

Talo:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126366556/72411CFFC6D6918D524834FC4505C0CF6407BAE9/

Talo is currently in transitiion to robotic statem he got two kills in his mission!
TAlo, i need to know if you want a Flamethrower or a Kinetic Strike! its one of the first choses a mech must make!

Lyle:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126363900/C32081453E421D2B38440EE00EF9A35F5CD94AF6/
PROMOTION: Support
Collecting three clean kills and expert intel, Lyle preformed amazingly during his first mission. keep it up lyle and a medal will be awarded for sure!

Binx:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126368190/3F4A67C27BE32BF9C7AD4DC061C33D63A1A990A4/
Binx faired less well, getting injured and shocked she couldnt display a whole lot in her first mission. Binx will be downed for atleast one mission due to therapy, both mental and physical

Talia:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126367637/2950CA4B2FBAEE1389C057A7FABB84AF1DEECBA0/
Having seen her lover getting severly injured, Talia was unable to make kills, her tactical insight however makes Commander Racky believe a fast potential lays within

Lumina:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126367081/300A05F65D49053FD8605F421C7DE33F4BD8ADA5/
PROMOTION: SNIPER
her tactful positioning and covering of the battlefield has earned Lumina the right to call herself a sniper. She had one kill in her mission, and a new look

Terin:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126364379/DB88A5F3888EB0B9E77EC8D892B24E39A55DAEEA/
PROMOTION: Assault
while delivering an outstanding preformance, Terin was again reminded that explosives are a last resort only. 3 kills for Squaddie Ki

Terin you have to chose between Assault Rifle or Shotgun!

Ari:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126363900/C32081453E421D2B38440EE00EF9A35F5CD94AF6/
PROMOTION: Assault
Ari you got to be the sorta melee class you wanted to be! though she didnt get any kills in her missions she was vital in recon and collecting. she also proved herself extremly tough to take a flanked alien assault and live. Ari is on stand bye as her wounds where severe, and will only be dispatched for the next mission if absolutly needed

Ari you have to chose between Assault rifle or shotgun

Luma:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126363400/63E5A6EDB7F3AEE0EA7897EFD58C202C408D822A/
PROMOTION: Heavy
Earning herself two kills and a promotion to heavy is what Luma brings to the table! she did amazing and  we sure can look out for her

The other two would be :
Mark:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126365434/21E9EB767B21DDDEF4690DD58BD8865422698A5E/
Glaceon:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/420316014126366033/85B41D4946087FD6EF798DB4C798DA9BDF4AAAFE/

Both didnt appear in this story and will be explained later why! but there are there stats anyway!
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2015, 07:01:23 by Glaceon

Posted on 29 Sep 2015, 05:13:36
Nameless
Ok, let's play along... ;)

Name: Nameless
Lastname: One
Cap
Prefered Colour of gear: Black/grey/red

Posted on 29 Sep 2015, 08:31:57
Glaceon
Welcome to the team Es! like with Skrall and Val you will be among the units ASAP,

For the updates; il be doing the stats here from now on, however i want to do those once per two games, so i wont have them yet, i do have some equipment update

Arc Thrower now available! a melee shock weapon that is crucial to the game as it allows us to capture aliens! any class but sniper is a good choise for this, but especially Assaults make excelent Arc's.

Genetic Modification centre is now available! when someone hits the mark (( 10 mission + 15 kills, or 20+ missions or 30+ kills )) and they arent walking machines of doom, one augment per time can be implemented!

Cybernetics Lab is also operational! those that get critically wouned or want to be turned into a mech from the get go now have the oppertunity. making mechs however is seriously expensive, and thus we will only make mech suits once per game month for the coming time. this includes upgrading it.  Mech transformation however is relativly cheap,  and mech suits arent bound, i just like to aim for getting everyone there own custom suit, swapping suit for missions  is an option though!

When i make the suit for someone, id like to give that person the honor of naming it (( as i believe it can be named )), so we also know what the capabilities are.

For those who signed up straight away for the mech program, let me know if you still want too!, it just means that for the time being you cant be dispatched with into missions with other mechs, and have to pilot Talo's suit.

I will maintain a cronological order when it comes to mechs, so if Terin decides to become a mech, he gets to design the second suit.

Medals we have started to get medals wich will be asigned there own unique powers shortly, more on this later!

Promotions from now on, promotions will result in a post of your character with the two options available and a short description of the abilites to chose.

Posted on 30 Sep 2015, 09:24:34
Viper
Name: Viper
Last name: Ultimate Hyper Dragon Storm Fire Blast of Eternal Blizzard Force Donuts ('Ching Chong' if the other one is too long  :stoic:)
Race:  Asian
Helmet/Cap/No Headgear
Prefered Colour of gear: Blazing Hyper Fire Storm Dragon Red

This program turns the soldier into a mech wearing fighting machine. Your power, aim, durability and effectivness will increase atleast threefold, however to operate such a suit amputations to the arms and legs are required. Generally we see this as a last resort option for those who have been critically wounded upon the battlefield, however volunteers are always apriciated.
[  ] I volunteer for the Cybernetic Enhancement Program
[X ] I Accept the Cybernetic Enhancment Program as a last resort
[  ] I reject this, even if it leads to death.

Our mutation program allows the adaptation of different human organs while the effectiveness isn't nearly as present as with the Mechanical Enhancement. The human body mostly remains intact while only 1/10 succesfully will restore a critically wounded soldier. Their affects are nothing to look down on.
[ ] I accept the Mutation Program as a last resort
[X ] I reject this, even if it leads to death.

I'VE FIXED ALL YOUR GRAMMAR AND SPELL ERRORS, FLACEY!  :angry:

Oh and I'd like to look like a Bruce Lee and be martial artist, a specialist in fist to fist combat and knives! Like an assassin! And BADASS!

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013