Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Folklore Node Tomes  (Read 752 times)

Posted on 24 Nov 2015, 04:22:41
Val
Val was awarded 1 point/s for this post
Hello fellow gatherers!

Since Val, the Slowpoke, has recently also started gathering for scrips, I came across those Folklore Node Tomes. I understand that the stuff you can get from them is pretty darn awesome (not only for red scrips). The only downside to those tomes is they are horrendously expensive - 99 blue scrip tokens, which translates to 4950 blue scrip.

Here is my point: Those tomes are not so easy to acquire and it takes quite a long time to get the scrip involved, so I don't assume that anyone in the fc has all the available tomes, yet. I was planning to get one of the BTN tomes as a first purchase but I would hate to get one that is already covered by someone else in the fc. I would think it be better if we try to cover as many mats as possible, at least for now.
So, here are my questions:
1) Who of you already has one or more of those tomes? And which did you get?
2) Is there any mat covered by a tome that we uregntly need? Or that the crafters urgently need?

I would like to make my first tome a good contribution to the fc, so please help me chose wisely! :)

Posted on 24 Nov 2015, 12:39:44
Lena Ssur
Lena Ssur was awarded 1 point/s for this post
I checked our FC Growth Stats sheet of last month to know who can get blue scrips of gathering and with which class. We have 17 miners and 16 botanist although we might have more now because people surely leveled up a bit more during November, and since its possible to get blue scrips around level 56/57 we probably have more members on that - in around 6 days I will be posting the next sheet so we can get a better number for this.

Personaly I'm going to buy today one of those Folklore Node Tomes and was thinking of buying from miner. Still need to check the whole list and decide which one would be best to get first. In about a week I should have more 99 tokens to get other Folklore thingy since I gather between 2-4 each time I go to a node - which makes more or less 28 times going to a node to get 100 tokens - gathering Cuprite and Morel. [ Going to get Tome of Geological Folklore - Dravania ]

List of Tome of Geological Folklore (Miner):
Coerthas - Astral Moraine and Violet Quartz
Dravania - Blue Quartz and Aurum Regis Ore
Abalathia's - Sun Mica and Red Alumen
_____________List of Tome of Botanical Folklore (Botanist):
Coerthas - Vanilla Beans and Dravanian Paprika
Dravania - Snurbleberry and Seventh Heaven
Abalathia's - Honeydew Almonds and Wattle Bark

[[ Website where I got this information and has a good explanation about gathering and collectables  ]]
Caimie Tsukino Guide

"All Legendary Nodes require a minimum of 600 Gathering to obtain items and 645 Perception to a chance for HQ. To uncover item with 1 hit requires 645 Gathering."

---------

Rotation I use with 600 GP , collectability between 455-500 (I usually get 480) :
Discerning Eye -> Impulsive Appraisal -> if Discerning Eye stays I use Single Mind, if not Discerning Eye again -> Impulsive Appraisal -> if Discerning Eye stays I use Single Mind, if not Discerning Eye one last time -> Methodical Appraisal -> Collect -> Collect ...

Stats Botanist - Gathering 611 , Perception 592 , GP 602
Stats Miner - Gathering 641 , Perception 607 , GP 606
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2015, 16:57:13 by Lena Ssur
DRG lvl 60 ilvl198 :: WAR lvl 60 ilvl 192 :: WHM lvl 60 ilvl 183

CRP lvl 59 : BSM lvl 60 : ARM lvl 57 : GSM lvl 60 : LTW lvl 58 :  WVR lvl 57 : ALC lvl 58 : CUL lvl 57  ::  MIN lvl 60 : BTN lvl 60 : FIS lvl 58

COIL :: T11 / T13 | Alexander Savage :: AS1

EXTREME :: Thordan

Posted on 25 Nov 2015, 04:07:38
Val
Thank you, Lena!
That was a pretty detailed answer, much more than I expected!

I guess I will start getting the BTN tomes first.

I know there will be overlaps and at some point we will all have all the tomes. But it may be good for others, too, to see what is theoretically available at the fc.

I see we use the same rotation for collectibles. :)

Posted on 01 Dec 2015, 04:30:00
Val
Small update on this, as I started getting blue scrips like a maniac at about the same time I posted the post above: I have 2 of the BTN tomes and will likely get the third today.
As soon as I get my BTN gear sorted out (meaning enough gathering and perception) I will start working on those folklore nodes and get the mats.

Now, crafters:

If you need any of the following mats, let me know!

• Seventh Heaven
  • Vanilla Beans
  • Honeydew Almonds
  • Wattle Bark
  • Dravanian Paprika
  • Snurbleberry

Posted on 14 Dec 2015, 12:58:55
Lena Ssur
I was the opposite, took me a while to start gathering blue scrips XD

Got today my second one with miner: Tome of Geological Folklore - Abalathia's
I can gather Blue Quartz, Aurum Regis Ore, Sun Mica and Red Alumen ! :D

Will be working to get the 3rd one during this week but will only get it, probably, end December or January

:naruto:
DRG lvl 60 ilvl198 :: WAR lvl 60 ilvl 192 :: WHM lvl 60 ilvl 183

CRP lvl 59 : BSM lvl 60 : ARM lvl 57 : GSM lvl 60 : LTW lvl 58 :  WVR lvl 57 : ALC lvl 58 : CUL lvl 57  ::  MIN lvl 60 : BTN lvl 60 : FIS lvl 58

COIL :: T11 / T13 | Alexander Savage :: AS1

EXTREME :: Thordan

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013