Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Mobile website  (Read 1105 times)

Posted on 20 May 2013, 14:26:10
Taralis
Now I know there is a mobile site and don't know if this is just temp. However I was wondering if there is a more of a "smartphone" version. IMO the current one is way to bland. You can't see any avatars or pictures posted, only text also can't partake in polls. I would like to see just about everything I can in the full version just more smushed together. Also would like to editing tools like bold, italicized, etc... If that is possible. I am not sure if there is a way but here are a few examples I think would look nice, of course with a little bit of tweaking:

MSN.com
I really like MSN's site. I like how you can swipe through top stories on this page. As you can see under news, now of course we wouldn't have pictures there but could have something like that for recent posts under each category.

CNN.com
Could also have something like this with a list of recent posts under the category.

Yahoo.com

If you are able to find or code something it would also be nice to have it auto detect or be able to set default for that device.

Just thinking it might help when with keeping people on the forums as not everyone has time to be on a computer or they want to post something while on the go, walking around, commuting on a train, riding a bike don't suggest it at work, etc...
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 20 May 2013, 15:42:59
Spud
It's probably not ideal, but there is a $20 jQuery mobile powered theme called SMF4MOBILE that is optimized for mobile.

If Outrack is up for creating a mobile version of the forum, I'd be more than happy to provide my development services to make it happen.

Posted on 22 May 2013, 04:44:52
Carlos
Would this mobile version also work in the kindle fire hd? The screen is not as big as the old ipad I used to have and I think having the mobile version so I can look at while working would be greatly appreciated :3

Posted on 22 May 2013, 04:50:51
Lexy
Would this mobile version also work in the kindle fire hd? The screen is not as big as the old ipad I used to have and I think having the mobile version so I can look at while working would be greatly appreciated :3

The regular website works quite well on my tablet (and it looks great too!) so I'm sure it will be fine on Kindle Fire as well.
\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Lexy LoliPants

Posted on 24 May 2013, 09:01:29
Outrack
Sorry guys, this is something I'd love to have but can't justify the time it would take to code while using SMF. I'll see if I can find a nice free template in the interim, otherwise I'll leave full mobile integration to the next major upgrade.

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013