Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Updates - 31 May 2013  (Read 1839 times)

Posted on 31 May 2013, 18:25:12
Outrack
Contrary to popular belief, I have actually been working! Here's a list of things I've fixed over the last couple of days.

Things Fixed:
  • Search field no longer jumps when the mouse hovers over it, and you no longer need to manually remove the text when typing. The height also now matches up in all browsers.
  • The highlight on the menu remains persistent when scrolling through items now.
  • Dropped the text by a few pixels for better alignment. It's still slightly off, but not as notable now.
  • Fixed the appearance of bold text in Firefox, should look much better now.
  • Got rid of the space at the bottom of the portal.
  • Increased the number of messages on the portal from 5 to 10, also including posts made in the RAWR section.
  • Added a minimum height to make sure the copyright bar is always at the bottom.
  • Signatures always display at the very bottom of posts, instead of half-way up when only one or two lines are posted.
  • PM counter now shows the total number of unread messages, not the general total. Still working on displaying undead messages, hard to find a way without letting them out of the barn.
  • Lightened the font color and sent the "Last Edited" text to the right of messages to make it less intrusive.
  • Updated the appearance of PM's so they look like the messages everywhere else on the forum. Sadly can't find a way to turn "view one at a time" on by default, so I'll post instructions on it later on.
  • Added the updates to the board index to child elements, so the RAWR section now matches everything else. Speaking of which...
  • Individual skin for the RAWR Guild. Wanted to set up something that gives it a sense of individuality while still being tied to the main site; still needs work, but I think it's getting there.
  • Restructured the "poster" field to the left of all PM's to make it less cluttered. I'm running a conditional that will display either custom text, forum title or user group instead of all three, in that order of precedence - will make custom titles something that will only unlock after a number of posts so you'll have to earn it. Cut out the website/email/profile icons as you can just click on the user's name to get to those options.
  • New user rank icons - there's only 10 and they just go up to 250 posts, though you'll get a new rank every 25 posts so you have short-term goals to work with. This is only semi-complete as I need to get something done for the staff to differentiate them from regular users; I'll look into adding some kind of separate colored bar and have them also climb through the ranks to awesomeness.

Still to do:
  • The height of the Login button is too tall in Firefox.
  • Still need to revise the colors of block elements in the forum's board and message indexes.
  • Add Karma back in. Not as easy as flipping a switch as I need to get the buttons in somewhere that doesn't break the overall appearance of the site, still thinking of a good place for them.
  • Need to add the Facebook/Twitter buttons to cathead bar in posts, though it's kind of low-priority as I don't think people would actively use them. But you never know...
  • Change the z-index of the drop-down menu at the top; it sometimes goes behind div elements.
  • We need better icons for the main page and child forums.

List of known bugs:
  • Confirmed that JPG avatars aren't uploading properly for some reason. If you're having trouble, please try re-uploading them in either PNG or GIF format, or just drop me a PM and I'll set your image for you manually.
  • Quick-editor's still not working. Sorry!
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2013, 10:29:21 by Outrack

Posted on 31 May 2013, 22:10:08
Spud
Awesome update Outrack, thanks for all of your hard work!

If you need more help you know what to do. :)

Posted on 01 Jun 2013, 01:27:30
Carlos
I could just about to give you an e-cake for the fixes racky ;) <3

Posted on 02 Jun 2013, 00:17:00
ZellKFF
Thanks Nick! Especially for the RAWR section <3 It looks fab!

RAWR guildmaster since 2004
Currently playing: RO2 - channel 5

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013