Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

What are you playing?  (Read 3958 times)

Posted on 04 Jun 2013, 04:36:07
Outrack
Given that our community's comprised of a large number of gamers, I'm willing to bet everyone here is playing something at any given point - so let us know what you're into and what you think of it!

I finished Spec Ops: The Line on Sunday and finally see what all the hype's about. The game got mixed reviews because of poor multiplayer and outdated shooting mechanics, but I loved the story so much that I wound up playing through to 8am the next day (which wound up helping a lot with immersion as I could better relate to certain events in a sleep-deprived state). It was partly designed to criticize modern shooters and their handling of warfare so it definitely stands out in the genre, and I really can't recommend it enough.

Aside from that, I also completed the Portal 2 co-op mode with ShiiN on Saturday. Had a blast with it despite some embarrassing moments and I'm looking forward to going through single-player over the coming weekend :smile:

Posted on 04 Jun 2013, 18:51:49
Spud
Spec Ops: The Line was really great Outrack. Your posting it almost makes me want to play it again. Portal 2 was wonderful of course, but I set my expectations incredibly high for it and I felt it lacked something.

I just recently finished Tomb Raider and was blown away at how much I enjoyed it when I really didn't expect much going in. The story kept me interested and the gameplay was well done. It could have used less QTEs, zero in fact as I find QTEs annoying, not engaging.

I'm obviously still playing League of Legends, RO2 (little bit, not enjoying it much), and I'm going to try Neverwinter this weekend with some friends.

Posted on 05 Jun 2013, 03:50:42
Carlos
Currently playing Fire Emblem: Awakening on my 3DS: Pretty good RPG so far, i'm about 6 hours in and the battle is pretty fun. I'm playing on normal difficulty as playing on hard gets your chars killed forever :(

Also playing League of Legends on my smurf account whenever I get a chance :3

Posted on 29 Aug 2013, 02:24:05
Taralis
I just finished DMC

Been slowly playing Borderlands 2

Also if this counts, The Simpsons: Tapped out. (Totally just a time filler)

Edit: Also forgot that I was making my way through Final Fantasy IX
Last Edit: 29 Aug 2013, 03:05:55 by Taralis
Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 29 Aug 2013, 10:04:12
Kamishiro
I'm playing The Last of Us(PS3) and Metro 2033(PC). Both are really great games! I'm also waiting for Amnesia: A machine for pigs and Outlast! *-*

IGN: Shzard | Lv35. Monk

Posted on 01 Sep 2013, 09:18:44
Outrack
Looking forward to trying out Last of Us! Though I'll probably only get it once I've cleared my current backlog, I have a mountain of PS+ titles to go through...

Speaking of which, got Spec Ops on PS3 last month and I'm doing a Platinum run of it despite clearing the game on PC - it's got under my skin in a way few games have and I uncover new ways of approaching the areas and nice minor details every time I play. As soon as I'm done with it, I'll move onto Hitman: Blood Money (because I apparently like playing the same games over and over again), Shadows of the Damned and L.A. Noire - hoping they won't take too long as I'd like to be clear for when Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen hits PS+ in October.

Aside from that, Final Fantasy XIV is still dominating my gaming life.

Posted on 02 Sep 2013, 23:54:26
Carlos
My brother and I just finished The Last of Us today and it was a sweet ride ;_; I really hope there's more games like where I just want to play as if it was a movie. It just there's nothing like it *_*

Posted on 03 Sep 2013, 11:16:42
T-Shaped
finally caught up on new vegas because pc gaming owns

Posted on 15 Oct 2013, 16:15:00
Tycool
I am currently playing two games consistently:

SMITE

Grand Theft Auto V

SMITE is my long term game that I will continue to play into the future. GTA is getting old already and will probably put it down after they release the new DLC for online.

Posted on 15 Oct 2013, 16:26:51
T-Shaped
dark souls has probably provoked the most vocal outbursts from me that i've ever had with a video game next to GOD HAND

but it's goddamn amazing

Posted on 21 Oct 2013, 16:55:25
Suppaman
Playing Pokémon Y at the moment, and Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry skies :3

Posted on 16 Feb 2014, 00:43:20
Moonpir
Currently playing;

Fun little brawler. M rated and bloody as hell. funny though.

FTP game for 360. kinda cool so far.

Playing this with Lydicat, got a MP server on my machine so we've been dicking around a bit.

This... doest hit me as hard as all the critics said, but that could also be the fact that im not american.

edit: sorry about huge images, cant remember how to resize.
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2014, 01:04:00 by Moonpir

Posted on 26 Feb 2014, 15:34:26
Taralis
Still working at beating: (almost back to where I got stuck years ago, near the end of disc 3)

My roommate just got this

Also been playing:

Currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Jenova world
Level 50s and ilvls
Bard: 112 / Paladin: 112 / White Mage: 104

Posted on 26 Feb 2014, 17:12:59
Chinskins
I love FF series too, mainly VII and IX   :stronglove:

This days I´m playing:

Hearthstone (I´m lifelong TCG player  :stoic:):

Pokémon Y (Only trades in order to complete the pokédex):

Super Mario World (I fixed my old Super Nintendo this weekend and I started the game anothertime with friends):

Posted on 27 Feb 2014, 15:41:25
Spud
Bravely Default
Picked this up on release day but I've been playing it very slowly. I'm a decent amount in and while I'm impressed with the quality of the game, I've got a lot of gripes with it. I'll finish it, but I'm not certain it'll make it on my GOTY list for 2014.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
I got this included with my GTX 770 along with Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell. I beat Arkham Origins but it was too long ago to be included in what I'm playing. Black Flag has absolutely redeemed the series after the mess that was 3. I'm still not a fan of the sea battles at all, preferring the normal land play more, but it hasn't stopped me from viewing this as my favorite AC yet.

And of course, I still play LoL.

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013