Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Which TV Shows Are You Currently Watching?  (Read 3122 times)

Posted on 07 Jun 2013, 10:16:28
Kurie
What do you watch on a regular, weekly basis?

Right now I'm only really watching Masterchef.  I really HATE reality tv shows, unless it's about cooking.  I enjoy Top Chef, Chopped, etc.  But Masterchef is the only one holding a spot in my DVR right now.

I also keep up with How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, and the terribly embarrassing Vampire Diaries.  It's a guilty pleasure.  They're both done with their seasons for now, and not coming back until Fall.  Vampire Diaries may actually be an improvement on my past obsession with Gossip Girl (RIP).

I'm also watching Game of Thrones, but have only gotten through season 1 so far.  Planning on getting caught up this summer.

Posted on 07 Jun 2013, 11:44:52
Allucinari
I don't actually use the TV to watch TV here, but I check in weekly on my favorites:

As all my faves are done for the season or will be in a matter of weeks, so I'm probably going to be hunting down some series to binge watch for the summer.  I'll probably start with the new season of Arrested Development and steal ideas from here.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 07 Jun 2013, 12:23:29
Outrack
I'm going through a slump right now as all the shows I watch primarily are on break - those being Castle, Person of Interest and soon Game of Thrones. I've been catching up on the most recent season of The Mentalist though I'm finding it hard to stay interested - it's got to the point where even the episodes centered on Red John are frustratingly boring as the show's trying to drag it out as much as possible.

I downloaded the first episode of Community on ShiiN's recommendation but have yet to watch it - otherwise I may use the break to catch up on things like Supernatural, Mad Men, Hannibal - and possibly Oz and The Wire as I've heard great things about them and keep putting them off.

Posted on 08 Jun 2013, 11:04:02
Outrack
Double post, but I wanted to add a comment that would be bumped - just finished watching the first episode of Hannibal and was completely blown away by it, I can't understand why the show isn't more popular. Have any of you seen it? It's extremely dark and has a foreboding atmosphere throughout, really hope the rest of the episodes live up to this standard,

Posted on 08 Jun 2013, 21:33:14
Allucinari
It's a Tumblr favorite and on my "maybe I should watch this" list.  Let me know how it goes.
ヽʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ✿

Posted on 16 Jul 2013, 12:58:53
T-Shaped
catching up on walking dead, and people are beating me with a hose to go watch game of thrones and breaking bad

fuck at least it'll give me a reason to go to the pub another day a week

Posted on 21 Jul 2013, 02:40:05
Iges
i hate it when someone introduces a new show to me i like thats like 8 seasons in (ex. scrubs) where i do nothing but watch episode after episode, the only two active ones i keep up on is walking dead and game of thrones.

Posted on 05 Aug 2013, 10:39:23
T-Shaped
i have stopped caring what i watch when i get home and have started to watch TNG from the beginning

Posted on 05 Aug 2013, 12:10:43
Outrack
Instead of catching up on everything I listed earlier, I'm reliving the best part of the late 90's by watching Martial Law :sparkle: It was an action/crime series starring Sammo Hung as a Chinese police officer transferred to Los Angeles - it's pretty much the TV equivalent of Rush Hour, only without Chris Tucker (which makes it significantly better). Full of embarrassing 90's clichés like holding pistols at an angle, though the fight scenes are awesome and totally make up for it.

It's a Tumblr favorite and on my "maybe I should watch this" list.  Let me know how it goes.
Go watch it, it's one of the best shows I've seen in ages - just be warned that it gets extremely dark at times.

Posted on 15 Oct 2013, 11:33:21
Kurie
I watched the first two episodes of Breaking Bad and it is way too depressing and intense for me. :stoic:

Posted on 16 Oct 2013, 10:24:06
T-Shaped
breaking bad is on my to do list along with 900 other things

i'll catch up on portlandia when i'm really in the mood for it

spaced is my current "fuck it i need something to watch while i'm cooking" show

Posted on 27 Oct 2013, 20:02:24
Kichijoten
The Walking dead, Homeland and CSI.

:-) oh and soon again Game of Thrones!

retired from RO2 - Playing FF XIV!

Posted on 28 Oct 2013, 10:47:41
T-Shaped
i want to watch new walking dead but i'm still so burned out on how bad it became

started catching up on better off ted which was pretty awesome since the first few episodes are basically "aperture science: the tv show"

Posted on 20 Nov 2013, 00:20:46
Outrack
i want to watch new walking dead but i'm still so burned out on how bad it became

Feeling the exact same way, I'd like to get the new episodes but I can't justify sitting through something I know I won't enjoy.

Finished all of Breaking Bad! It was okay, though I think claims of it being among the greatest shows ever made is a bit of a stretch. I enjoyed it and Cranston's acting was solid throughout, though I felt there were too many things that didn't work and ultimately held the show back (family drama, extremely annoying female leads, inconsistent accounts of Walt's intelligence)... It concluded at the right time and I felt it was overall satisfying, but I don't think I'll ever go back and re-watch older episodes.

As for the current TV season, I feel like I'm playing opposites as all the shows I've grown tired of have made strong comebacks and the ones I expected to be great have been mediocre. The Mentalist in particular has pulled itself out of it's several-season slump and has become intensely gripping with every episode now focusing on the Red John case, and Hawaii Five-0 has done a 180 on ending stupid and overly obvious plot arcs they were leading up to (like McGarret and Wo Fat being brothers). Very sadly, Person of Interest has pulled a Human Target by changing the core formula to better pander to the female demographic and the writing isn't nearly as sharp as it used to be, which leaves me depressed as it was the best goddamn show to have come along since Lost.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is great so far. Even if it's glaringly Whedon, the episodes are fun and I haven't found any major fault with it so far (even with cliche drivel like a quirky female hacker named "Skye") - it's nice that the show's trying to establish the core cast members though I really wish they'd bring in some of Marvel's heroes and villains, or at least would keep the interesting new ones instead of unceremoniously killing them off early on.

Otherwise, was enjoying  Suits until it mysteriously disappeared off the air, though it at least wrapped up their arcs before taking a break. Haven't been brave enough to try NCIS again though I don't think I could be arsed with a boring white blonde replacing the only minority female character they haven't killed off yet, I think it's beyond repair at this point and they should just put it out of its misery.

Posted on 14 Jan 2014, 18:09:25
fiph
I really enjoyed prison break. Diners drive ins and dives is usually on while im playing ro2 that or chopped. My wife loves the food network XD

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013