Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Drowning Wench / Revered Sinners Static Themed Raids
« Last post by Val on 12 Jan 2018, 16:41:14 »
Last Raid Tuesday was also Thaisia's Birthday, so our glamour theme was THAISIA

and we all dressed up like our favorite Duskwight Summoner. :D

... kinda xD

Leo went almost all the way. Only with round ears and 1 m taller...
Social Lounge / Fitness General
« Last post by Lyna on 12 Jan 2018, 11:40:12 »
Update from me! (I know this is fitness but I hope weight loss and healthy eating counts...)

Almost through the first week of diet! Not gonna lie. It's been really hard. Though what has helped was making meals for the week on Sunday and having them for lunches. Made chicken teriyaki for the first time which was yuuummmmy. Don't think I put enough in each pot to fill me up though (so will do a bit more this weekend!)

It's been hard not just snacking on chocolates and sweets while gaming or working too as sugary treats are one of my biggest weaknesses... If anyone has any suggestions on how to help combat it let me know!

I've been having zero sugar fizzy drinks to help wean me off (tricking myself into thinking I'm having my treats) and to help fill me up towards the end of the afternoon before a long commute home from work. I know I will need to stop having those as well to be REALLY healthy, but it's something to help get into a routine which seems to be working at least..! It's not perfect and I still get those cravings, but hopefully I'll get there!

I do my weigh ins every week on a Sunday so guess we'll find out how I got on soon :speechless:
« Last post by Lyna on 04 Jan 2018, 11:46:21 »
Ooh that humble bundle link looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I'm hoping to lose a significant amount of weight in the first half of this year. I'd like to do it so I can take lots of pictures for social media when I attend E3, and also to be ready to make cosplays for the following year! I always struggle with motivation though so that's something I'm going to have to try and tackle  :sweat:

Hopefully this year will be the year for a massive overhaul in lifestyle changes!
« Last post by Outrack on 04 Jan 2018, 02:54:09 »
Wheee, new year - new goals!

Just wanted to drag this out of oblivion to notify anyone interested that Humble Bundle is selling off a bunch of fitness resources which may be worth picking up for those starting off the year with resolutions connected to weight loss and/or general health improvement. You can see what they're offering by clicking here!

Also, I saw an infuriating segment on Sky News discussing the futility of New Year Resolutions as statistically most are destined to fail with only an estimated 8% of people succeeding to uphold theirs. While it may be difficult to adjust to new lifestyle changes, try to remember that resolutions are made for a reason - most often the desire to improve oneself - and the alternative is complacency and acceptance of an undesirable situation.

There's nothing wrong with making resolutions, just do so realistically and approach it with the right mindset. Check out this article on LifeHacker for some good advice on how to approach things, and if your aspirations are connected to health drop a comment here! It's a LOT easier to stay motivated when you're in a group working towards a similar goal.

Tech & Programming / Udemy
« Last post by Outrack on 02 Jan 2018, 15:53:36 »
Right! Been a while since I last updated, though I've still been at it despite the lack of input and have finally finished something worth releasing. This was done following lectures and uses provided graphic assets I didn't make, but I'm still proud that it came together so well, that I understood all the code and have finally seen a project through to completion - even if it's a small one.

I've compiled it using Unity's WebGL so you guys can play it without downloading it! Just load it up and hit space to start, use either WASD or the directional keys to move and space/left mouse button to shoot. Click here to play, and hopefully I'll have more to add by the end of the week!

(give it a sec to load if you're on a slow connection; it's around 43MB)
« Last post by Val on 14 Dec 2017, 17:53:27 »
HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM THE RAID TEAM, EVERYONE!  :heart:

« Last post by Val on 12 Dec 2017, 18:03:35 »
Theme: The Hipster Raid - We raided before it was cool

Have some selfies from the coffeeshop...

Thaisia, the thriftstore hipster

Leo, being ironically retro

Qilue "I am not a Hipster, I am merely a geek!", Sancosi, who overslept the hipster deadline because caffeinate beverages were spilt on the router, and Ave, the badass hipster who just likes cool clothes and science

Val, the victorian chique hipster, who would die if Mate tea was never invented, his manbun buddy Karl, the art hipster, and Psy, who ironically combines thriftstore with Gucci

Mixed Media / What are you currently listening to?
« Last post by Outrack on 08 Dec 2017, 05:04:09 »
« Last post by Val on 28 Nov 2017, 17:59:41 »
Theme: Children's Heroes - Raid the Stories!

Lara Croft, He Man, Prince Charming, Mario, Snowwhite, Link, Joe Dalton, Captain Hook
Best band of children's heroes you could wish for!

Even if Captain Hook did not have a proper hook, he at least got a ship.
The Drowning Wench / The Reve Diaspora - Our Private Houses
« Last post by Val on 28 Nov 2017, 08:49:37 »
Time for me to add some pictures of Val's mansion...

"Valcome to my humble estate!"
The ground floor area consists of the entrance area, a bar, and a fighting pit... But I will need a lot more people in the house to take screenshots of those. ;)

The most important room upstairs is probably the library. You can find books about history, artifacts, and crafting here, but also a few novels and poetry collections. Bookrent is 1 gil.

The librarian is tall enough to get books from the upper shelves...

In the basement you will find Val's private rooms.
His office still has some spots to place models or pictures, but those things will come with time.

Opposite of the office under the stairs you will find his hobby room and curiosities collection.

A proper old man's hobby to relax and unwind: making model airships.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013