Don't have an account? Click here to Register! Forgot password?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Drowning Wench / Revered Sinners Static Themed Raids
« Last post by Val on Yesterday at 17:53:27 »
HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM THE RAID TEAM, EVERYONE!  :heart:

« Last post by Val on 12 Dec 2017, 18:03:35 »
Theme: The Hipster Raid - We raided before it was cool

Have some selfies from the coffeeshop...

Thaisia, the thriftstore hipster

Leo, being ironically retro

Qilue "I am not a Hipster, I am merely a geek!", Sancosi, who overslept the hipster deadline because caffeinate beverages were spilt on the router, and Ave, the badass hipster who just likes cool clothes and science

Val, the victorian chique hipster, who would die if Mate tea was never invented, his manbun buddy Karl, the art hipster, and Psy, who ironically combines thriftstore with Gucci

Mixed Media / What are you currently listening to?
« Last post by Outrack on 08 Dec 2017, 05:04:09 »
« Last post by Val on 28 Nov 2017, 17:59:41 »
Theme: Children's Heroes - Raid the Stories!

Lara Croft, He Man, Prince Charming, Mario, Snowwhite, Link, Joe Dalton, Captain Hook
Best band of children's heroes you could wish for!

Even if Captain Hook did not have a proper hook, he at least got a ship.
The Drowning Wench / The Reve Diaspora - Our Private Houses
« Last post by Val on 28 Nov 2017, 08:49:37 »
Time for me to add some pictures of Val's mansion...

"Valcome to my humble estate!"
The ground floor area consists of the entrance area, a bar, and a fighting pit... But I will need a lot more people in the house to take screenshots of those. ;)

The most important room upstairs is probably the library. You can find books about history, artifacts, and crafting here, but also a few novels and poetry collections. Bookrent is 1 gil.

The librarian is tall enough to get books from the upper shelves...

In the basement you will find Val's private rooms.
His office still has some spots to place models or pictures, but those things will come with time.

Opposite of the office under the stairs you will find his hobby room and curiosities collection.

A proper old man's hobby to relax and unwind: making model airships.

« Last post by Val on 28 Nov 2017, 08:40:16 »
You all have such fantastic houses an ideas!

I want to see more, though! I know we have a few more private house owners in the FC, so come out and share your creations!  :heart:
« Last post by Ithi on 28 Nov 2017, 03:43:48 »
Well done with the pics! All the homes look amazing. Would love to see more from all. (Hera, furnish and decorate as you wish. I just dumped stuff in spots)
Art, Graphics & Design / [LLTD] Week 3 (NSFW)
« Last post by Outrack on 27 Nov 2017, 06:00:04 »
I am so bad at this "frequent update" thing...

Bit of a premature update but I wanted to post a starting point before going ham at this. I'm currently going through a guide on form and space as it's one aspect I've always felt needed a lot of attention, and the exercise given seemed absurdly simple until I tried it. Stemming from the concept of all objects being condensed into basic shapes, the exercise involved drawing 100 circles, 50 ovals, and 50 circles with inner-ovals indicating perspective... And I found a gaping hole in my skillset!

I've seen suggestions to draw basic shapes so often but always skip them as they seem so simplistic, but it's deceptive and way harder than I thought it would be. I wound up going through the video below, and noticed several issues in how I approached this...

I had no clue my pen control was so poor until I had to follow the lines on the template. As shown in the video, I tried going over the same shape three times and found each time had varying degrees of accuracy - as well as just having not developed solid hand/eye coordination, I notice myself rushing a lot while doing this as I tend to get frustrated quickly. Probably also going to invest in an artist's glove as it's hard af to draw from the shoulder when your hand's sticking to the surface...

Anyway, here's my first crack at it. I'm intrigued that I'm struggling to do something so simple, so I'll probably end up obsessive over it this week and keep at it until it comes out right - let's hope by Friday I'll be able to do these much better!

For this one, I tried a makeshift glove using bandages to stop my hand sticking to the surface of the tablet and tried drawing from the shoulder - it's definitely more fluid, though my control is still abysmal.

« Last post by Hera on 27 Nov 2017, 05:30:36 »
Well, I hope this works. Here's the Exterior of the house:

Then there's the upstairs living room:

The downstairs bath:

Our "Library":
My room:
and Ithilwen's room:
I have had very little say in what gets put where, this cozy little cottage is Ithil's masterwork
« Last post by Karl on 25 Nov 2017, 10:59:29 »
It's my time! Only have finished the garden (I know i know...) but here is how it looks like:

Finally my own little cottage:

Tending the garden is not that hard once you figure it out:

Cooling a bit in the pond:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2013